Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question about Straighterline & Aleks
#3
If you are taking the English courses, the grading is done by Smarthinking. They usually have them graded within the day, the longest I had to wait was 6 hours maybe. However, SL has to log on and get the grade and apply it to your account. The grade that SL gives you is weighted, you'll have to look for it in the faq's (again for english courses), so if ST gives you 10, it might be worth 12. I kept a running total so I knew what I had to make minimum. The other courses that I took that were strictly quizzes and tests, the grade was updated in real time. SL is NOT 24/7, a point I do not like. I initially signed up for them on a Friday night, funds were taken from my credit card, but I did not get access until Monday afternoon. That said, my 28 day cycle for billing purposes of course started the Friday they got the money. Other than that, it is a great way to earn fast credits, especially if you already have background knowledge.
Next Goal - MS in Pharmacy, Major Pharmaceutical Sciences, concentration Forensic Science via University of Florida
BSAST Health Services Technology 2012
AA General Ed 2012
AAS Medical Laboratory Technician HCC 1994

Straighterline Courses
English Comp I
A&P II
Medical Terminology
Intro to Biology
Statistics
Managerial Accounting
Earned 127, currently enrolled at TESC working on last 6 credits in order to graduate by 6/2012!!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Question about Straighterline & Aleks - by hkhart - 09-14-2011, 05:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 10 8,100 05-14-2025, 09:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Grade 5 Math Question - What's your answer? bjcheung77 6 3,334 10-28-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cooper
  XAMK question k-k-k-katy 63 22,927 09-09-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: wow
  Question about admission hueyhoang 3 2,230 08-31-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: CollegeStudentAC
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 2,551 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 1,529 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  Question about LawShelf TINASAM 6 3,093 07-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 11 8,851 05-12-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  RBA degree question Jennr2z 19 10,776 12-14-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 5,515 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)