Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Western Governors University
#12
IrishJohn Wrote:If I have to take an actual poli-sci course, assuming that PF won't work, than I'm thinking about just taking 1 at the graduate level so I can use it later on. After all, an undergraduate level course does nothing for me other than satisfy a prerequisite and I'll have to spend the time doing the coursework regardless of what level the course is at. If I have to go that route than yes I'll be looking to use financial aid.



Unfortunately the "career switcher program" in Virginia isn't eligible for financial aid. There are a couple of possibilities through Regent U or Shenandoah U, but they require more time and only the former is eligible for aid. The only other one I could do is at George Mason U, but the cost is approx. $10,000 from what I can tell (21 grad credits times approx. $500/cr). I'd like to get this done soon so I can get a better job. WGU fits the bill from what I can see and even though it has the potential of taking a year to finish, I might be able to decrease that time if I'm able to put more work into the program. If you know of anything else please tell me.

The reason why I decided against WGU was because it requires a traditional, full-time, unpaid internship. I can't afford to quit my job and my work schedule can't be modified to accommodate school hours. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Virginia offers Career Switcher programs outside of the traditional college system. Texas has a bunch of for-profit and even some non-profit companies running self-paced, online teacher certification programs with low upfront costs.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Western Governors University - by sanantone - 01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Western Governors University - by OE800_85 - 01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Western Governors University - by sanantone - 01-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Western Governors University - by ryoder - 01-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Western Governors University - by sanantone - 01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Western Governors University - by sanantone - 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Western Governors University - by sanantone - 01-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-12-2013, 04:37 PM
Western Governors University - by valsacar - 01-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Western Governors University - by sanantone - 01-17-2013, 02:28 AM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Western Governors University - by valsacar - 01-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Western Governors University - by ryoder - 01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Western Governors University - by IrishJohn - 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM
Western Governors University - by alleycat - 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM
Western Governors University - by OE800_85 - 09-16-2014, 10:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Western Governors University dewisant 10 6,263 03-17-2024, 02:31 AM
Last Post: nykorn
  BS IT Security at Western Governors University (WGU BSITSECU) Strategy help timmmay 19 11,435 01-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Last Post: timmmay
  Western Governors University accounting program? jrmorgan2011 1 2,829 05-24-2016, 02:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Western Governors University - do you have any advice on head starts? wanderer168 0 1,874 06-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Last Post: wanderer168
  Western Governors University - My 2 year anniversary review publius2k4 5 11,446 11-03-2012, 05:53 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Western Governors University Degree Plan gmagerr 0 2,019 07-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Last Post: gmagerr
  Western Governors University gmagerr 2 3,589 05-16-2012, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Western governors' University - WGU - competency based? Experience or opinions? GoodYellowDogs 12 13,044 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Last Post: dcan
  Western Governor's (WGU) Course Question marianne202 16 12,339 12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Western Governors Univ. Question marianne202 5 3,329 09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Last Post: dwilson

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)