Poll: What score do you study for?
This poll is closed.
I study just for a pass, no matter what the score...
33.33%
12 33.33%
I study for a high score...
38.89%
14 38.89%
I'm in-between...
27.78%
10 27.78%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"What score do you study for?"
#6
I'm a "what if" person.

"What if, someday, my school changes their policy so they convert scores to grades, and include transferred credits in the GPA? What would that do to my transcript?"
"What if I get a version of the exam that differs from the bare minimum I studied, and I'm looking at material I do not know?"
"What if my own son someday learns I aimed for 'good enough,' and not what we always tell him to shoot for: his best?"

I treated exam study sessions as if they were an actual course. When I took actual courses, I wanted the best possible grades I could achieve. I wanted my degree to show myself and future employers that I learned something; if I didn't bother to learn anything more than the bare minimum, what did that make my degree worth? Aiming for "good enough," to me, felt like confirmation of the stereotype that test-out options were cheats and shortcuts. With actual full courses, I had other assignments to help bump a weak test score (and I had a couple, trust me) but for these, that score was it. I tended to study until I scored bare minimum pass on practice tests, then scheduled my appointment a week or two later. Then used that extra time to nail down the finer details. (Mind you, I was taking these will also enrolled in three online courses, so not every moment of that additional time was devoted to test studying.) I passed each exam I took with a margin that made my conscience rest comfortably that I had not taken advantage of the system.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Reply


Messages In This Thread
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by cookderosa - 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by OpenRoot - 02-08-2013, 01:57 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by Publius - 02-08-2013, 02:01 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by mrs.b - 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by HorseManiac - 02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 03:38 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by NAP - 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by Westerner - 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by Publius - 02-08-2013, 04:46 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by LaceyLady - 02-08-2013, 05:16 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by LaceyLady - 02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by mrs.b - 02-08-2013, 08:08 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by mrs.b - 02-08-2013, 08:28 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by TayTay - 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by LaceyLady - 02-08-2013, 10:20 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by freddy - 02-09-2013, 02:06 AM
"What score do you study for?" - by ryoder - 04-27-2013, 09:58 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by sanantone - 04-28-2013, 12:30 AM
"What score do you study for?" - by freddy - 04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by sanantone - 04-30-2013, 04:32 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by mrs.b - 04-30-2013, 04:36 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by SoliDeoGloria - 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM
"What score do you study for?" - by LaterBloomer - 05-13-2013, 10:16 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humans may be fueling global warming by breathing: new study LevelUP 12 4,095 04-17-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.Com student or teacher login? acamp 6 2,692 03-29-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 3,240 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  US vs foreign tech workers (moved from Study.com New CS Courses) armstrongsubero 17 6,146 12-14-2018, 07:09 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Study abroad burbuja0512 9 4,161 11-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Hunger And Homelessness Are Widespread Among College Students, Study Finds allvia 2 3,029 04-05-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Study of Georgia Tech OMSCS shows solid success davewill 2 3,323 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Anybody got recommendations for study tools for the LSAT? Nerdymcnerdface 5 3,860 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to study smarter... chew gum! Mamasaphire 4 3,130 12-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: OakLakeNC
  Why is study.com screwing over it's long-standing customers? soliloquy 5 2,993 08-25-2016, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Study.com

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)