11-24-2015, 06:18 AM
I agree with you regarding Patten's costs. Since June 15, I have paid a total of $995 @ 199 per month and have completed 9 classes = 27 credits. I like the "all you can eat buffet" kind of education that Patten offers and if only I had more time, I would have completed more classes by now. At my current pace, I am earning a credit for $36.
socsci Wrote:Although courses at Patten can't be taken on their own, so far the cost of the degree is turning out to be very low.
I managed to get signed up during the half price offer they sometimes run.
I am going at a steady pace and i'm on target to complete 5 courses in four months (all upper level). My goal was to complete a course every 3 weeks and so far so good.
$796 (paid so far) 15 credits = $53 per credit.
The fee for the year was $2388 - if I can push a little more and get 60 credits in the year then it is $40 per credit with no other fees to be paid.
The price is pretty awesome compared to the big three because of the capstone and tuition fees to be paid after completing courses elsewhere.
I think someone with more time could move a little faster. Read the materials and complete the final in 7-10 days. Projects are 8-10 pages and could be written in 4-5 days. 2 weeks per course at a push.
- Akintayo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey
BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey
Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University
Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey
Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies
ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia
65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey
BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey
Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University
Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey
Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies
ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia
65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)