Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Anyone taken Study.com Statistics? Compare it to Aleks?
#1
I was originally planning for my son to use ALEKS to fulfill the required statistics course for TESU (BSBA), but then I read a thread here about all the folks that found the ALEKS Statistics too difficult to pass and ended up abandoning that effort. I tried to find reviews on the Study.com Statistics course, but I'm not seeing any comments on it here. Has anyone gone the Study.com Statistics route and can you give a review? And if so, did you have any prior exposure in Statistics. In my son's case, he's gone through PreCalculus, with no exposure to Statistics.

I'm also concerned about the ACE approval for ALEKS. When I look on ACE, it appears ALEKS keeps getting 1-month extensions on approval for their courses. I'm concerned that is too risky to begin an ALEKS Statistics course that may possibly take multiple months to complete.
I came to this forum researching for my now 17-yr-old son who was earning credits via testing and online courses. He completed TESU's BUS-421 in March 2018, the capstone for the TESU BSBA GM degree.  Below are the courses he took:
Study.com: Business 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 109, 113, 121, 308, 309; Economics 101, 102; Finance 101, 102; History 103, 104, 106, 108; Math 103; Political Science 102; Religion 101; Geology 101; Nutrition 101; Chemistry 101; English 305
SL: Intro to Communications, Accounting 1&2, Financial Accounting
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Statistics
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101, 102, 103
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
312N-H Ethics & the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Community College: English 101 & 102, Calculus 1
TESU: MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP, BUS-421-OL BSBA Capstone Course (January 2018 term)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Anyone taken Study.com Statistics? Compare it to Aleks? - by wandac - 01-15-2017, 08:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UPI Study Phracker Jacks 2 284 09-29-2026, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  1 Free Course at UPI Study (Code: FREECOURSE) & Discount $450 Lifetime Plan Ends 9/7 Captainrekt000 12 2,119 09-23-2026, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  credit transfer of the course HTY 108 in study.com to UMPI ScholarX 0 301 09-11-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: ScholarX
  STUDY UPDATE – COURSE CHANGES (EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5, 2026) cramnooch 5 1,678 08-03-2026, 09:57 AM
Last Post: cramnooch
  New Study.com Course Generative AI: Real-World Skills LevelUP 1 823 08-01-2026, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
Lightbulb Anyone use UPI Study? eyrobinson 25 14,308 07-02-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Study.com CS 202 grading wmeacham1 3 832 06-28-2026, 09:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Smile Credit Calculus / Statistics Courses Bcopeland64 6 1,477 05-11-2026, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Bcopeland64
  WGU 2026 transfer credit updates & planning notes for Study.com users portals 5 12,227 02-13-2026, 02:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Overview: Earning Upper-Division Credits Through Study.com bjcheung77 0 1,547 12-11-2025, 07:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)