07-31-2017, 07:06 PM
I don't work in the field, but there was a discussion about the importance of ABET on the other forum. ABET is important of you want to become a licensed professional engineer. I guess a software engineer might want to become a professional engineer. However, at least in Texas, the division of ABET that accredits computer science programs does not lead to automatic recognition of your degree. In other words, those with ABET-accredited computer science degrees would be in the same category as those with physics degrees that don't have ABET accreditation and would have to meet additional requirements. Texas only recognizes the divisions of ABET that accredit engineering programs.
If you want to become a patent agent or patent attorney, then ABET accreditation for a computer science program will make things a lot easier. Otherwise, USPTO would have to do a course-by-course evaluation.
My philosophy is that, if employers aren't listing something as a preference or requirement in most job ads, then it's not important.
If you want to become a patent agent or patent attorney, then ABET accreditation for a computer science program will make things a lot easier. Otherwise, USPTO would have to do a course-by-course evaluation.
My philosophy is that, if employers aren't listing something as a preference or requirement in most job ads, then it's not important.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)