(06-03-2017, 01:06 AM)Collegelady2 Wrote:dfrecore Wrote:I worked in Accounting/Finance for a long time, and seriously, I never had to do calculations by hand (with or without a calculator). And, every company I worked for had you do things a different way - they had excel spreadsheets for EVERYTHING! Unless they had a computer program which did it even more easily. So I can't quite figure out why stats is a "thing" for business degrees at this point in time. I never did a single blessed thing with stats in all the years I worked. I know this course is a complete waste of time for me, which makes it even harder to try to pass!! banghead
Aren't most college classes in general this way? Useless? Other than to put on that resume that you have a college degree
(06-03-2017, 12:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:Collegelady2 Wrote:Aren't most college classes in general this way? Useless? Other than to put on that resume that you have a college degree
True! That whole "we want you to be well-rounded" thing is...dumb.
I strongly believe that statistics should be a required course in high school. It's not necessary for most to understand how to do the calculations, but understanding the concepts are important. From the many times I have had to explain research findings written about on mainstream websites and how meaningless anecdotal evidence can be, I have seen that a basic understanding of statistics is needed to understand everyday things. There would be fewer dumb people if they at least understood basic concepts. Statistics aren't just about calculations; they're about logic.
(06-02-2017, 07:47 AM)SDO Wrote: The other benefit of Study.com over SL is that when you complete quizzes in one course, they will count as completed in any course that has overlap. For example, by doing Organizational Behavior, you have completed a percentage of management, HRM, etc. Also, Study.com has placement tests where you can test out of large chunks of the class before you even start the class. It is best to do as many courses as possible through them because of these 2 things.
Even with these things, I can still get through most SL courses faster. For the SL courses I've taken, I only had to take a handful of examinations. A placement test could wipe out half the quizzes I would need at Study.com, and I would still get through an SL course faster.
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)