Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Ask advising"?
#9
(02-14-2018, 09:12 AM)rlw74 Wrote: I'm one of those people who like to see things in writing, so emails were great.

THIS!!!!!

I can NOT get people to understand this.

Everybody wants to do phone cons. Then a week goes by and I can't remember what, who, how... even my notes sometimes are unhelpful as I thought when I scribed them.

An email though, I can file that. Come back years later, and there it is in black and white, mostly (sometimes I miss or read things into things that later I see aren't there, but...)

All the education stuff I'm currently doing right now wants to talk. I wanna email. Sorry for the hijack / vent, but I was gladdened to see I'm not alone...
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996


Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...


My list of academic courses:
link





Messages In This Thread
"Ask advising"? - by originalamyj - 02-08-2018, 09:53 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by triforce828 - 02-08-2018, 10:32 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by Ideas - 02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by dfrecore - 02-08-2018, 11:05 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by Ideas - 02-08-2018, 11:41 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by High_Order1 - 02-08-2018, 11:53 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by originalamyj - 02-09-2018, 01:07 AM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by rlw74 - 02-14-2018, 09:12 AM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by High_Order1 - 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM
RE: "Ask advising"? - by originalamyj - 02-14-2018, 02:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Advising question ndelco 11 3,987 11-30-2016, 08:44 PM
Last Post: frostedfire
  TESU academic plan/advising Mamasaphire 6 2,417 11-26-2016, 04:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Advising needed Military dnorton 9 3,230 05-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Last Post: windyart
  Gripe about emailing TESU's Academic Advising dept. tesu-acct-student 11 3,642 04-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Last Post: jblackhawk
  TESC Advising - Ok to trust? mednat 5 2,185 01-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Last Post: PaintTheSunset
  Charter Oak Advising Worksheet and degree plan help shanek67 12 4,078 11-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Last Post: shanek67
  (TESC) Academic Advising issues with acceptable responsibility credit OfficerA 4 2,314 11-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Last Post: OfficerA
  Can someone help me make sense of my Charter Oak Advising Worksheet Mindcrime30 5 2,496 10-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Charter Oak advising worksheet. publius2k4 0 1,184 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Last Post: publius2k4
  Email address for TESC advising department caridan 3 2,080 01-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Last Post: cookderosa

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)