Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Study.com Experience
#2
(07-31-2018, 12:39 AM)Tedium Wrote: I finished Bus. 109: Intro. to Computing last night a little after 9pm. I immediately applied for ACE credit, and then proceeded to worry about whether or not it would be accepted all day at work today.

I did find the course to be informative, and I thought that it aligned well with the proctored final. My big complaint was with the proctored final itself. It was nerve-wracking. I was positive that the picture of my ID was too blurry to be accepted. I probably tried ten or fifteen times. Then I was unsure about whether the room scan was sufficient. I did my best to clear the testing area of anything except my desk and chair, but I had a nagging feeling that I might not have showed enough of my floor, or worrying whether I got enough footage under my desk. None of this is SDC's fault, but it is a concern I had with asynchronous proctoring. It was my first time with the process, so I had some added anxiety. I'm not sure what would have made that process easier on me. Without having someone there to say, "Yes, that's fine." I don't think it's possible to quiet someone's concerns with that situation. One thing that might make the process easier would be the possibility of uploading a higher quality picture of your ID when you set up your account. At least that would be one less thing to worry about. Just a thought.

The exam was fine and thorough. My only complaint with it was that there was no option to flag questions and/or return to unanswered questions when you were finishing your exam. That left me to flip through 20 pages of test questions when I was done to get back to the five or so I had skipped on my first run through. That's a pretty easy fix. Even having a review page at the end that has, "Question 1: Unanswered/Answered, etc." would fix that. Having an interactive drop down side menu would help as well, so you could jump to a specific question.

My credit came in and was approved by 2pm this afternoon. I scored an overall 86% in the course. A sub-24 hour turnaround is way better than I was expecting, so I am happily surprised about that.

Overall, I'm pleased in my experience with LL courses so far. I'm now moving on to Com. 120. I think I should be able to finish that by tomorrow night. Wish me luck!

That is the fastest turnaround I've heard of so far. In my experience, the typical review and approval time is closer to 3-5 working days. Congrats!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Tedium
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Study.com Experience - by Tedium - 07-31-2018, 12:39 AM
RE: Study.com Experience - by Merlin - 07-31-2018, 01:40 AM
RE: Study.com Experience - by Tedium - 07-31-2018, 03:23 AM
RE: Study.com Experience - by ReyMysterioso - 07-31-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Study.com Experience - by Tedium - 07-31-2018, 01:08 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by dfrecore - 07-31-2018, 11:43 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by Tedium - 08-01-2018, 07:38 AM
RE: Study.com Experience - by bjcheung77 - 07-31-2018, 11:53 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by ReyMysterioso - 08-01-2018, 12:37 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by bjcheung77 - 08-01-2018, 01:20 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by Tedium - 08-02-2018, 12:39 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by Tedium - 08-02-2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Study.com Experience - by txnicole - 08-02-2018, 06:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UPI Study Phracker Jacks 2 270 09-29-2026, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  1 Free Course at UPI Study (Code: FREECOURSE) & Discount $450 Lifetime Plan Ends 9/7 Captainrekt000 12 2,082 09-23-2026, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  credit transfer of the course HTY 108 in study.com to UMPI ScholarX 0 293 09-11-2026, 11:49 AM
Last Post: ScholarX
  STUDY UPDATE – COURSE CHANGES (EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5, 2026) cramnooch 5 1,665 08-03-2026, 09:57 AM
Last Post: cramnooch
  New Study.com Course Generative AI: Real-World Skills LevelUP 1 812 08-01-2026, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
Lightbulb Anyone use UPI Study? eyrobinson 25 14,278 07-02-2026, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Study.com CS 202 grading wmeacham1 3 827 06-28-2026, 09:59 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU 2026 transfer credit updates & planning notes for Study.com users portals 5 12,204 02-13-2026, 02:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Overview: Earning Upper-Division Credits Through Study.com bjcheung77 0 1,543 12-11-2025, 07:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com best way to sign up? JayKosmos 5 2,147 12-07-2025, 11:30 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)