Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC
#7
(01-02-2019, 02:30 PM)elbebopkid Wrote: Today, my unofficial COSC transcript updated to verify that my B.S. in Business Administration was conferred on Dec. 31st! At age 41, I am officially a college graduate! Moreover, I'm the first member of my family to earn a degree. My parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents never got a degree, so this is a really special accomplishment on a personal level. 

I was able to go from nothing but a high school diploma in April to graduating with a BSBA in less than 8 months and under $5k!

A person is merely the sum total of every man and woman they've ever met. I had been teasing the idea of pursing an alternative degree pathway ever since I stumbled on Lawrie Miller's BA in 4 Weeks website almost two decades ago. My degree plan was made possible by mining this forum for information over and over and over again. So thanks to everybody who contributed bits and pieces of knowledge to this and similar forums, and blazing a trail for people like me to follow. This absolutely wouldn't have been possible without all the information presented here. I never thought I would ever get my degree, due to time, money, and age....but you guys with your degree-hacking skills made it a reality! You're awesome.

It's surreal. I still can't quite believe it. There's a lot of new year, new me tropes running around this time of year, but it truly does feel like a new horizon of possibilities has opened up. Thanks again for everything. If anyone ever wants info on my degree plan/pathway, I'm happy to offer my own insight and experience.

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you for not only achieving your degree but doing it an alternative route that takes MAJOR discipline and commitment!  I would love to hear more on your degree plan, pathway and experience.  Would you mind sharing your insight on where to begin for someone who is starting in the exact same position as you did in April?  I can't believe you did that so quickly by the way.... that's insane!
Completed:
The Institues-Insurance Ethics (2cr)                          
Sophia.org - Developing Effective Teams (1cr), The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
CSMLearn- CSMLearn Course (3cr)
TEEX- Cybersecurity 101, 201, 301 (11cr)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Obligatory "I did it!" Graduation Post - COSC - by Idreamofadegree - 01-02-2019, 07:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Certs at COSC Mint Berry Crunch 0 347 09-02-2026, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Has anyone recently enrolled at COSC? RaiponceRapunzel 44 15,343 08-09-2026, 05:19 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  ACE UL Electives at COSC Mint Berry Crunch 5 3,765 05-28-2026, 12:22 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  COSC Bachelor Degree Requirements - Gen Ed, Electives, Major bjcheung77 1 4,374 05-05-2025, 01:10 AM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  COSC in the C-Suite ReyMysterioso 0 2,419 08-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 13,030 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 14,014 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 5,043 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 13,898 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 7,384 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)