Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
#84
(01-03-2019, 01:20 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 12:11 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: I talked to TESU's advising today and they said they can't count African Encounters as both a required course and an elective, so I still need 2 UL. The adviser suggested taking their other non-Western lit course, and also BYU's course. I asked about Coopersmith's Poetry course and she said she'd never heard of it so I guess that's a maybe.

I have to really say that Shmoop getting kicked messed this whole process up good and tbh if I had it to do over again I would have picked a different 2nd major for the other half of this degree.

Did they specifically tell you that would mean you need another UL? Because the way you seem to be understanding it (that a certain number of your ELECTIVES have to be UL) isn't how it works for most degrees.

yes, they specifically said I would need another UL course. it isn't "the way i seem to be understanding it", it's the way they said it.

now if it's wrong then it's wrong but they were very clear that i would need to take another UL Lit course to get this degree.

I already have 2 Shakespeare courses on my transcript but I wouldn't mind to try the Fairy Tale or Women's Sci Fi ones, I will investigate those.

Currently I'm on-track to finish this degree in March as long as I can find another UL Lit course so I will figure something out.

I just looked on CSU Pueblo and the only 2 UL English courses I see are "Gender and Communication" and "Young Adult Lit"

so I dunno. At this point I'm just going to do the stuff I'm already signed up for and worry about it in a month or so.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish


BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.




Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Ideas - 11-10-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Kev - 12-23-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by jsd - 12-23-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by jsh1138 - 01-10-2019, 09:58 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACEI Finland evaluation to TESU homeschoolmom1 2 624 10-04-2026, 09:33 PM
Last Post: abel1303
Question The Final Frontier: Capstone LIB-4970 or LIB-4950 for BACS and TESU's Recent Changes animuscerebri 24 11,281 10-01-2026, 08:17 PM
Last Post: justsomeguy
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,688 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 564 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,668 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,227 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 395 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,550 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 587 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 802 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)