Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
University withholding transcript
#15
(04-10-2019, 09:25 AM)jamshid666 Wrote: But, if you don't tell the new school that you attended the previous one, how would they know to look for that transcript?  I've gone to lots of schools, and when I applied to WGU, I totally forgot about one of the schools that I attended for a semester and nothing negative happened because of it.  They also let me start without getting a transcript from one of the schools, because it wouldn't have made a difference on the transfer since I already had similar credits for electives from other sources.  I've found that the "require all transcripts" rule isn't always 100%, there are ways around it.

On a personal note, I should find that template that one of the users on this forum made for an unofficial master transcript so I can actually keep track of all of the schools I've attended and I don't forget something the next time I have to send all of my transcripts somewhere.

WGU may not have checked before they let you begin your degree program, but that doesn't mean they won't check before they let you graduate and issue your transcripts.

Also, if it's a federally backed student loan (rather than a private student loan), you probably can't negotiate a lower payback. They are guaranteed to be paid back the full amount, so there's no incentive for them to let you pay less. Also, the federal government will eventually come after you, and they have unlimited power to take your money (take a tax refund, levy your bank accounts, or garnish your paychecks).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: University withholding transcript - by jsd - 04-09-2019, 08:56 PM
RE: University withholding transcript - by udi - 04-09-2019, 11:19 PM
RE: University withholding transcript - by udi - 04-10-2019, 04:53 AM
RE: University withholding transcript - by Merlin - 04-10-2019, 10:16 AM
RE: University withholding transcript - by dfrecore - 04-10-2019, 10:32 AM
RE: University withholding transcript - by allvia - 04-11-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: University withholding transcript - by zzzz24 - 04-12-2019, 08:12 AM
RE: University withholding transcript - by Mil0 - 04-13-2019, 01:05 PM
RE: University withholding transcript - by Merlin - 04-13-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: University withholding transcript - by Merlin - 04-26-2019, 11:41 AM
RE: University withholding transcript - by Merlin - 04-26-2019, 01:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China Cuts 12,200 University Programs, Replaces Many With AI Degrees LevelUP 3 1,117 09-25-2026, 11:57 PM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  university of michigan goes pass/fail for first semester freshman bluebooger 2 671 08-13-2026, 11:36 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Ashford University ladylearner 7 2,393 05-28-2026, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  CodeSignal’s University Ranking Report Reveals Higher Ed’s Blind Spot LevelUP 1 1,172 04-30-2026, 07:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  International Open University in The Gambia sal1820 2 3,832 04-07-2026, 07:51 PM
Last Post: DoctorHAK
  Underrated University chopliver2 20 11,837 02-13-2026, 02:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How does OTHM, QUALIFI & ATHE Credits appear in Transcript ZenD 3 1,491 02-05-2026, 10:34 AM
Last Post: PearsonOTHMQualifi7654
  I completed my bachelors at Newlane University. This was my experience. Jakehazex21 0 4,734 12-31-2025, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Jakehazex21
  Commonwealth University College of Medicine - $18.5K (4 years total) bjcheung77 7 4,889 12-31-2025, 08:55 AM
Last Post: degreedude80
  Grand Canyon University fully nonprofit clep3705 3 2,888 12-27-2025, 09:30 PM
Last Post: LevelUP

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)