05-21-2019, 07:44 PM
Are you feeling lucky? I sure am. I would show the academic advising person you usually speak with their website link: https://www.tesu.edu/watson/bs/homeland-security as it only mentions in the B. Civic & Global Learning field, "Diversity, Ethics, Civic Engagement". It's not like the Info Lit where it specifically lists SOS-110.
Further to that, I would get them to view TESU Gen Ed Jan 2019 or later: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after and show them the "options" under Diversity. If you have Intro to Sociology and American Gov, then you can still ask if say World Religions will be accepted. I would even go beyond and ask to see if it can be escalated up the chain,iIt's worth a shot at least...
And since you're debating on just taking the bare 18 credits OR the comp tuition... do you feel like "learning more?"
For Study.com members, it's 18 x $375 which is $6750 - you can use the remainder of the $ for a Masters.
For Study.com Comp Tuition, it's $7519 for up to 36 credits - you can also use the remainder for a Masters.
If you are into learning, then I would pony up the $769 for X amount of courses. One course and you get your $'s worth, if you do more, well - you obviously get more worth! My advice, you can get the AAS ESST by taking the Associate Capstone the requirements are met with basic science/law/etc courses. In fact, here's how I would do it...
1) Term 1: Take SOS-110 and the Associate Capstone APS-295.
2) Term 2: Take any two of four Homeland Security & Emergency Management courses
3) Term 3: Take remaining two Homeland Security & Emergency Management courses
4) Term 4: Take the Homeland Security & Emergency Management Capstone
In the event you have to take the SOC-322 course you can try to see if you can take it in Term 1.
If I was in your shoes, that is what I would be doing... the Capstone should be done by itself.
Further to that, I would get them to view TESU Gen Ed Jan 2019 or later: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after and show them the "options" under Diversity. If you have Intro to Sociology and American Gov, then you can still ask if say World Religions will be accepted. I would even go beyond and ask to see if it can be escalated up the chain,iIt's worth a shot at least...
And since you're debating on just taking the bare 18 credits OR the comp tuition... do you feel like "learning more?"
For Study.com members, it's 18 x $375 which is $6750 - you can use the remainder of the $ for a Masters.
For Study.com Comp Tuition, it's $7519 for up to 36 credits - you can also use the remainder for a Masters.
If you are into learning, then I would pony up the $769 for X amount of courses. One course and you get your $'s worth, if you do more, well - you obviously get more worth! My advice, you can get the AAS ESST by taking the Associate Capstone the requirements are met with basic science/law/etc courses. In fact, here's how I would do it...
1) Term 1: Take SOS-110 and the Associate Capstone APS-295.
2) Term 2: Take any two of four Homeland Security & Emergency Management courses
3) Term 3: Take remaining two Homeland Security & Emergency Management courses
4) Term 4: Take the Homeland Security & Emergency Management Capstone
In the event you have to take the SOC-322 course you can try to see if you can take it in Term 1.
If I was in your shoes, that is what I would be doing... the Capstone should be done by itself.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3RTJ3I9
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41
Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science
Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
UPI Study https://www.upistudy.com/?ref=f6bc41
Pre-Med Online, MSc Biomedical Sciences (Starting Jan 2026)
In Progress: UoPeople BS Health Science
Completed: UMPI BAS & MAOL (2025)
TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)