Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Journey: BA in English from TESU
(05-24-2019, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Ideas Wrote:I'm already doing a double major in Comp Sci and Biology. I don't have much left, but I'm a lot slower with Comp Sci and Biology than other courses. Plus I thought I was going to do English so I spent time on some of those courses.

My ASNSM was Comp Sci and Biology. At the time I didn't think I'd ever do a Bio degree and wasn't sure I would complete the Comp Sci degree as planned.

Good luck with Math!

What!! My first love is Biology, I could not find enough cheapo credits for Biology so I kinda gave up on it for Math and settled on the ASNSM Bio.  Where are you getting the UL Biology courses from?  I was thinking of going the Logan University and APUS route but don't have the cash to pay for school yet.

For BIO, I am missing Cell Biology, Organic Chem I & II w/labs and the 13 elective credits, 12 of them being UL.  The strangest thing is, if I do an evaluation - My LL extra biology courses FIT in the AOS and electives where it specifies, it requires the courses to be 300/400 level.  Does your evaluation do the same thing? Haha...

For MATH, I am missing the same number of courses, but it's easier to find these courses I think, probably cheaper too in the long run.  However, your post is making me think I want the Biology degree more as that is actually more of my interest instead of Math (decisions, decisions...)

I'll spend some time doing a spreadsheet to see which option would be better for me.  BTW, did you get a concentration for your BSBA?  If you did the CIS concentration, you can probably get up to 3 courses or 9 credits moved towards your BA Comp Sci AOS.  

hsfamfun Wrote:I have no idea if this would work or not, but there is quite a bit of discussion about a Non Western Literature class and I saw this LIT 912 African Folktales class at Fresno Pacific Continuing Education.  These classes transcribe as graduate classes and I was told they can be taken by anyone.  It is $435 for a 3 hour class and they send out coupons frequently to those on their email list, although they are usually only $10 or $20 off per class.

Here is the link:https://ce.fresno.edu/independent-studies/lit-912

WOW, thanks for this.  It just might work for someone who wants to get the English degree.  I'll let a fellow member here (pws) know and have him be the guinea pig to see if it will work or not.  I'll have him email TESU advising...  That's a mighty good find if it works... thanks again!

Hi bjcheung77,

What is the cost of the below courses? 

Information Literacy - SOS-110: Living in the Information Age

Business in Society or International Management

Business - Capstone Project
------------------

Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Ideas - 11-10-2017, 12:26 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by Kev - 12-23-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by jsd - 12-23-2018, 01:43 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 01-10-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by akr680 - 05-25-2019, 01:27 PM
RE: My Journey: BA in English from TESU - by pws - 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,588 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 439 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,430 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,175 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 333 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,462 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 534 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 719 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,463 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
  TESU courses without proctored exams / papers? boblax 4 1,001 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)