Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
General UMPI Questions
#6

(03-07-2021, 11:45 AM)freeloader Wrote: I can help with some of your questions:

1. I would say you have some say in the order. When I have finished a competency, I have sent a short list via email and asked “can I have one of these three added”. Those requests have always been accommodated. It is worth pointing out that every competency is not offered every term. I think they do try to work with people in their last term regarding this.

4. There is a withdrawal deadline roughly half way though each term. We receive an email telling us to consider withdrawing if we are going to be unable to finish the competency. I am not entirely sure, however, what happens if you don’t finish. Safe to say, it is frowned on.

5. I am only taking 1 term per semester, that is absolutely fine. You are supposed to email if you need to take 2 or more consecutive terms off. Not sure what happens, exactly, if you need to take 2 or more off.


This is good info, especially your feedback on the first question.    Knowing they will accommodate if they can is huge for me.   As I mentioned in another response, otherwise it seems like micro-management and I just don't do well with that.    If it's my education, I want the freedom to do it in the order I want, subject to availability, of course.
West Virginia University at Parkersburg, Associate of Applied Science, Board of Governors program

Traditional College Credits (RA):
18 Credits

ALEKS & CSM Learn:
12 Credits

Straighterline:  
15 Credits

Sophia:
38 Credits
Total from All Sources:
83 Credits
Reply


Messages In This Thread
General UMPI Questions - by NC Coach - 03-07-2021, 10:42 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by rachel83az - 03-07-2021, 11:09 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by NC Coach - 03-07-2021, 11:17 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by ss20ts - 03-07-2021, 11:33 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by NC Coach - 03-07-2021, 11:51 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by NC Coach - 03-07-2021, 11:58 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by freeloader - 03-07-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by bjcheung77 - 03-07-2021, 11:56 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by dfrecore - 03-07-2021, 08:49 PM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by NC Coach - 03-08-2021, 07:40 PM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by NoStudentNoCry - 03-11-2021, 10:44 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by ss20ts - 03-11-2021, 06:06 PM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by ashkir - 03-11-2021, 12:06 PM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by Ideas - 03-31-2021, 04:21 AM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by Luiscastaneda25 - 04-02-2021, 10:44 PM
RE: General UMPI Questions - by crotique - 03-31-2021, 07:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI's under review by NECHE?? GoBroncos95 29 2,773 09-27-2026, 06:34 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  UMPI Master of Science in Business Jonathan Whatley 102 53,287 09-08-2026, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  Easiest Natural Science UMPI Course? LevelUP 5 1,029 09-06-2026, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch
  UMPI Proposing 90-Credit YourPace BLS and Applied Psychology BA Jonathan Whatley 39 14,722 08-16-2026, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI CBE Master’s in Human Services Planned, and MHA Still Happening Jonathan Whatley 8 2,092 08-14-2026, 10:20 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Credits for DSST exams at UMPI any4yeardegree 7 1,325 08-14-2026, 01:20 AM
Last Post: daydream
  UMPI Your Pace New General Education Requirements Fall 2026 (New Degree Plan) LevelUP 8 4,012 08-13-2026, 07:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace Fall 2026 majors - clarification request lauramichele1 0 726 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: lauramichele1
  UMPI Article: Rebuilding Trust in Higher Ed Using CBE LevelUP 4 905 07-29-2026, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Swiss Cognac
  Discontinued Minors At UMPI... RIP MIS, BA & Management Swiss Cognac 4 1,440 07-28-2026, 11:05 PM
Last Post: Mint Berry Crunch

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)