(03-22-2021, 10:59 AM)dfrecore Wrote:(03-22-2021, 01:14 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Business administration UExcel exams are total garbage in my opinion. They expect opinion-based answers and I kinda felt like it's continuing education stuffs. There's no definitive answers to any of their questions on the exam.
For UExcel, I wouldn't bother anything that is not quantitative.
I will try the Intro to programming with Java, Contemporary Math, and other science stuffs but I wouldn't bother with their business and marketing exams.
Can you tell us how you came to this conclusion? Which UExcel exams have you taken where this was the case? How does it differ from other business-related exams, since they are ALL opinion-based (IMO).
I took Workplace Communication with Computers....BUT it has not much to do with computers.
It's full of opinion-based question like this:
i.e. If you're late at work, what would you tell your employer?
1. Send him an email regarding what's happened last night
2. Just say nothing to him
3. Tell your co-workers about the situation
4. Send him a text message
So, any of them could be the answer. They didn't look like something you can study to get a better grade.
I felt it has nothing to do with real study. It's more like competency-based continuing education.
I've got their textbook as well. But the textbook is full of common sense stuffs. If you're living with normal intelligence, you don't need to read this kind of book.
Now, I will avoid the entire non-quantitative business exam catalog at UExcel. Avoid them at all costs!
Mathematics, Java Programming, Info Systems exams can't go wrong. They're quantitative and they will come up with answers that you can 'Study' to get a better grade.
You can study Java programming and get a better grade of course.
But you can't study that type of vague business ethic stuffs which can have all kinds of answers based on situation / opinion.
Even if you can get a good grade from that kind of exam, I think it really means nothing.


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)