05-26-2021, 11:13 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 11:47 AM by freeloader.)
(05-25-2021, 09:49 PM)Okokodekoko Wrote: I am thinking about double major in Accounting and Finance. I found out that TESU has both majors, but UPI has only Accounting. That's why I am planning on TESU currently. Since I'm not sure if I want to pursue CPA or CFP, I want to keep my options open for now.
FWIW: to meet the educational requirement to become a CFP you have to complete relevant coursework through a CFP registered educational program OR have a CFP board recognized certification (such as CPA, CFA, licensed attorney or PhD in financial planning/business/finance). Unfortunately, TESU is not registered with the CFP board. So, even if you get a finance or other relevant degree from TESU, you are going to have to complete more education elsewhere (could become a CFA, attorney, PhD, etc, but those will all require additional education too) in order to be eligible for the CFP designation.
A degree in finance (or some other related discipline) at TESU may help you toward your potential goal of becoming a CFP—it might be more likely to get you hired by a financial planning firm, might be more valuable as you could double major in accounting and finance, etc, etc, etc BUT the TESU degree does not actually speed up the process, reduce costs, etc of getting the CFP as compared to a UMPI accounting degree!
https://www.cfp.net/get-certified/certif...equirement
https://www.kaplanfinancial.com/cfp/challenge
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.
BA, UMPI. Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration. Awarded Dec. 2021.
In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)
Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.
BA, UMPI. Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration. Awarded Dec. 2021.
In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)
Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)