Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Texas Law on Using Substandard Degrees
#52
(07-29-2021, 03:45 PM)jsd Wrote: I don't get the emotional attachment to ENEB that prevents any honest discussion on this forum about possible shortcomings of the school.

It could be 100% perfect for your personal situation, but that doesn't mean valid concerns like this should be shouted down.

I'd be happy to tell people what I don't like about GT, WGU, TESU, or any other school or provider I've utilized. I'm happy to disagree and discuss with some criticism in other situations regarding these institutions where I think it is unfair. But with ENEB, if you even hint at any very obvious issues the program presents, it's like you've insulted someone's faith around here.

I don't mind honest discussion about it, but I do have a problem with certain people (none of whom are on this thread) whose "criticism" amounts to "lol its fake and ur a fraud and/or an idiot." I've dealt with that my whole adult life with every credential or certificate I've held. First, my community college wasn't "real college," then WGU wasn't "a real university," then my CCNP was only obtained because I "cheated," and on and on that damnable wheel turns. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of putting up with it.

My contention on this whole thread really had nothing to do with ENEB and everything to do with UI1. I agree, by and large, with the assessment that ENEB doesn't have specific authority to grant degrees and that the degrees from that company are of questionable value by themselves. It's not even a postsecondary institution, just a learning center, not unlike the U of Wales arrangement, the agreements at UpGrad, or some of the Coursera/EdX deals. We do have some evidence that UI1 has influence over the curriculum based on how this same or very similar curriculum is used by many UI1 partner centers, which is why the comparison is apt. Side note: It is even more similar to the UoWales arrangements because many of those resulted in a legit, verifiable degree from the University of Wales without a transcript. 

Once we established that the primary concern was whether the institution was legally authorized to issue degrees in Spain, I backed off because:
1. I agree that ENEB does not have this authority
2. I do not recommend that people use the ENEB certificate by itself literally anywhere, let alone Texas
3. I did not enroll in ENEB because I thought they were prestigious or accredited in their own right
4. UI1 is legally authorized to issue degrees
5. My degree, the one I'll be using on my resume, is from UI1

Then there's the ethics debate, but I wouldn't disclose that I went to "Mickey Mouse's School of Business" if I had a degree from the University of Wales because I believe the school already vetted my educational provider for quality and, thus, my degree from that university would be from that university alone. Just like how I don't imagine anyone doing a degree through UpGrad is ethically obligated to say, "I got my Deakin MBA by going through the UpGrad course provider" and how I don't walk around telling everyone that I got a bunch of credits in my BSc from nonstandard sources.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas Law on Using Substandard Degrees - by Thorne - 07-29-2021, 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Some Movement Toward Hybrid Online Degrees for Psychologists and Psych Practitioners Jonathan Whatley 0 896 07-17-2026, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Assessing the International Equivalency/acceptance of Online Degrees from the Big 3 Aimed 24 9,068 06-18-2026, 11:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Andhra University Online Master's Degrees - Open to international student durain 29 6,071 05-26-2026, 06:14 AM
Last Post: UoBoomer
  ACE Certificate in Texas Educational Leadership darthweezy 0 527 05-08-2026, 08:18 AM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Foreign degrees online ladylearner 27 22,643 04-01-2026, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MFG
  Free/Tuition Free Masters Degrees Asghar12345 16 14,755 03-24-2026, 02:55 PM
Last Post: wow
  Texas A&M International University Online MBA dleewo 1 1,597 11-22-2025, 02:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Coursera a bunch of new master's degrees? LevelUP 12 14,294 07-02-2025, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Using AI Chatgpt to evaluate ENEB degrees bjcheung77 0 2,098 05-04-2025, 01:55 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any heavy proctored Master degrees 100% online? Oktoberfest 13 4,954 05-01-2025, 08:47 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)