Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CLEP [what is it like?]
#2
hftz Wrote:Hello all,

I've been studying for the clep exam in order to exempt two calculus courses. The question that I have is, what is the clep like?[/url][url=http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html]www.collegeboard.com

. I understand that it is multiple choice, but I am always better at working problems out by hand than taking notes on computer. Will I have this opportunity? Yes, you get scratch paper

The other thing is that the computers at my school are all fairly old/outdated, so the monitors appear blurry unless I change the resolution. Will I be able to do this if I ask? Are there specific computers/software devoted to this test, or will my uni. be in charge of that?[the reason I ask is that I may actually have a chance at a decent computer if so] I guess what i'm really trying to figure out is, when you sit down to take the test, what is the process like? I'm sorry if any of this is inappropriate.

It's a computer based test. You will have a chance to go through a tutorial before your test begins but if you go to the website above you can download simulation software (PC only, not for Mac).

You can also purchase a test guide with CD that has practice tests on it.That will help to get the feel of an actual CLEP.

If you still feel nervous about it, go to the test room before your test date to get a look at the place and equipment.

Good luck and welcome to IC!

Brian
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
CLEP [what is it like?] - by hftz - 08-06-2008, 12:03 AM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by thatbrian - 08-06-2008, 08:31 AM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by addison h. - 08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by gcalvin - 08-06-2008, 05:18 PM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by skyfall123 - 08-06-2008, 05:42 PM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by QuotableKali1918 - 08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by mindytowne - 08-06-2008, 07:48 PM
CLEP [what is it like?] - by mindytowne - 08-06-2008, 08:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 5,258 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 2,127 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 4,453 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 3,570 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 3,679 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 3,024 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 3,149 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 9,253 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 6,872 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  English Comp 2 exam option? CLEP's closed yokopilar 4 4,498 05-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Last Post: yokopilar

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)