01-13-2025, 05:15 PM
First my quick review on University of the People
Pros:
Cons:
Need advice on what school could I receive my Masters (MBA) that won't cost an arm and a leg, BUT is balanced by a more reputable brand. Would love to hear some of your experiences.
Pros:
- It checks the Associates and Bachelor's degree box for me
- Got two degrees in 3 years
- I graduated without any debt
- "Most" recruiters and headhunters won't care
- Its connection with Sophia was a game changer for finishing
Cons:
- The support from advisors is minimal and sporadic
- Peer review is the horror you heard it to be
- (and this is a "me" problem) I am almost ashamed to tell anyone that I got a degree from there & won't put it on my LinkedIN
- I wanted to be proud of this moment and I'm not (again, a me problem)
- The quality of education I got seemed a bit subpar and I "did" the work and have a 3.6 GPA. Sub par in that the materials and information were extremely dated and with the speed in which information and business shifts, so much of what they had us studying was obsolete.
- There is NO school spirit (merch or otherwise--I asked, and asked about a total rebrand)
Need advice on what school could I receive my Masters (MBA) that won't cost an arm and a leg, BUT is balanced by a more reputable brand. Would love to hear some of your experiences.
________________________________________
Current:
Eastern University
Masters Degree- Organizational Mgmt
Start: Feb '25
Anticipated Graduation: Jan '26
Past:
UoPeople
Bachelor's -Business Admin
Associates -Business Admin
Certifications:
Marketing-UoPeople
Business Leadership & Mgmt-Harvard (extension)
Entrepreneurship- Cornell
Courses: (transferred to UoPeople)
Sophia Courses-
Business Law, Algebra, Nutrition, Statistics, Managerial Accounting, Project Mgmt, Managing Conflict, US History, Visual Communications
Current:
Eastern University
Masters Degree- Organizational Mgmt
Start: Feb '25
Anticipated Graduation: Jan '26
Past:
UoPeople
Bachelor's -Business Admin
Associates -Business Admin
Certifications:
Marketing-UoPeople
Business Leadership & Mgmt-Harvard (extension)
Entrepreneurship- Cornell
Courses: (transferred to UoPeople)
Sophia Courses-
Business Law, Algebra, Nutrition, Statistics, Managerial Accounting, Project Mgmt, Managing Conflict, US History, Visual Communications


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)