Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver
#25
(11-11-2023, 08:49 AM)jch Wrote: Unfortunately, TESU isn't doing waivers on the lab science requirement anymore. They refused to let me use other lab sciences or even do 1+1 like other students have in the past. Their denial specifically mandated that I do two semesters of either physics or chemistry. 
After comparing the subjects, I found physics more understandable and interesting. It is also slightly more alt-credit friendly. I binged the Physics Crash Course series to get oriented, then blazed through the Physics I&II courses on SDC. The next issue was the labs. My local community and technical colleges didn't offer physics courses or labs that fit my needs. Given the lack of other options, I had to take the Physics II lab at TESU. That course was an enjoyable, low-stress affair. As StraighterLine offered a standalone alt-credit Physics I lab option, I decided to go with them for Physics I. SL's lab ended up being one of the most miserable courses I've ever completed. It was a major mistake not taking that through TESU as well. 
TESU took the SDC courses plus the internal lab with no issues. I'm still waiting for the SL lab credit to show up, though it was pre-approved by advising. 
Overall, these lab science requirements are still a huge hangup for TESU's non-business BS degree programs. There aren't great options to get the credit, and limiting lab sciences to just physics or chemistry doesn't make sense for a lot of the degrees.  
There are some new options from ASU ULC for Physics I and Chemistry I that someone should try in the future.

Hi JCH,  I know this is an old thread, but curious how you found the final to be on SDC's Physics 1 (or 2 for that. matter).  Ive seen a few reddit reviews that said the practice test was not representative of the final and they failed because of that.

TIA!
kt320

In Progress:
TESU - BSAST Degree in Aviation Flight Technology

Completed:
TECEP - Meteorology, American Government
CC - Astronomy
TESU - SOS-110, PHY 128 Lab, Med Term-APS-1000
Sophia - Intro to Ethics, Art History I & II, Developing Effective Teams, US History I & II, Algebra 1,      Ancient Greek Philosophers
Study.com - Physics 111
FAA-ATP,CFI,CFII,MEI
Reply


Messages In This Thread
TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 08-16-2023, 12:50 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by allvia - 08-16-2023, 08:30 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 08-16-2023, 10:40 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by allvia - 08-16-2023, 11:42 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 08-16-2023, 11:52 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by allvia - 08-16-2023, 11:59 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 08-16-2023, 12:39 PM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 08-16-2023, 11:43 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by allvia - 08-16-2023, 11:48 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by allvia - 08-16-2023, 04:06 PM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by allvia - 08-17-2023, 01:57 PM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 11-11-2023, 08:49 AM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by kt320 - 01-27-2025, 11:59 PM
RE: TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 01-31-2025, 09:48 AM
TESU BS Physics+Chemistry waiver - by jch - 11-29-2023, 03:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK-based, 25yr IT pro, planning TESU BS Cybersecurity — plan sanity check smilingbuddha 4 1,587 09-26-2026, 12:31 AM
Last Post: DegreeNerd
  TESU BACS Interested justsomeguy 3 437 09-21-2026, 01:56 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Information TESU Introduces Accelerated Courses (4-week format) animuscerebri 25 5,422 09-21-2026, 01:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU BSAT APS 400, 401 402 Alts? EvilSandman 3 2,174 09-20-2026, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Phracker Jacks
  TESU Bachelor Data Analytics after Statistics.com is gone homeschoolmom1 1 333 09-14-2026, 03:57 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  TESU Foreign Language BA resistk 13 5,459 09-09-2026, 10:46 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU Foreign Language B.A. -- degree planning help degreedude80 6 533 09-09-2026, 10:01 PM
Last Post: degreedude80
  TESU ILA to BA degree - apply now or wait? degreedude80 9 718 09-09-2026, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Sunny21
Sad Help For TESU BACS DEGREE please Brothers help-0982 6 1,462 08-20-2026, 08:45 AM
Last Post: cheeseberserk
  TESU courses without proctored exams / papers? boblax 4 1,001 08-12-2026, 05:15 PM
Last Post: RKanarek

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)