04-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I took this test about a month ago and got a 53 on it. It wasn't as hard as I was thinking it as going to be. I would very much recommend writing as many timed practice essays in wordpad. You will not have spell check on the real test and wordpad is very similar to the program that is on the test.
In answer to dancer82's question: "So say I get a really low score on the essay... like for argument's sake, say I get a 0 on the essay part, could I still pass if the multiple choice part score is high enough? Or is failing the essay part an automatic fail?"
Yes if you get a all the questions right on the multiple choice you will get a 50 on the exam, there are 50 questions and you get 1 point for each question answered correctly. So if you got 100% correct you would barely get a passing score.
I have attached a list of essay topic questions that are very similar to what are on the real test, I used this list for writing practice essays and I think they were quite accurate. Of course there is no telling what kind of a question you will get on the real test.
Less than 1 minute ago">essay topics compiled.doc (Size: 23.5 KB / Downloads: 70)
In answer to dancer82's question: "So say I get a really low score on the essay... like for argument's sake, say I get a 0 on the essay part, could I still pass if the multiple choice part score is high enough? Or is failing the essay part an automatic fail?"
Yes if you get a all the questions right on the multiple choice you will get a 50 on the exam, there are 50 questions and you get 1 point for each question answered correctly. So if you got 100% correct you would barely get a passing score.
I have attached a list of essay topic questions that are very similar to what are on the real test, I used this list for writing practice essays and I think they were quite accurate. Of course there is no telling what kind of a question you will get on the real test.
Less than 1 minute ago">essay topics compiled.doc (Size: 23.5 KB / Downloads: 70)


![[-]](https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/images/collapse.png)