Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
CLEP English Composition tomorrow
#19
thehenryfam Wrote:Hello, all. I am planning to take the English Comp with Essay as my first CLEP either tomorrow or sometime next week. I've scored pretty well on the REA practice tests, but I must admit that the essay portion has me a little worried. I am actually a good writer, but I don't necessarily write quickly. I like to thoroughly think things through before setting ink to paper. I did a practice essay on a random topic, and it took me all 45 minutes -- and it was no Pulitzer Prize winner.

Anyway, for those of you who have taken the test, I was curious about one thing. In my practice tests, there were several questions that covered reference-type material, i.e. footnotes, end notes, library card catalogs, etc. How many questions, if any, are posed on such topics?

Many thanks in advance.

Scott
I'd say you're quite ready for this exam. Honestly, I halfheartedly navigated through the REA General Guide scoring mid 50's on the Practice Test. I did; however, read over the essay examples to gauge how I'd structure/write my essay. If you can stick with the 5 paragraph essay format, you'll make it. My essay wasn't great either and that fact had me sweating bullets the entire month while waiting for the results. Also, the questions about footnotes and research are only on the Freshman Composition versions of the test. Please, if you're a member, check out the Specific Exam Feedback section because there's updated information to that should give you piece of mind! :cheersmate:
Reply


Messages In This Thread
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Orimaru1 - 05-11-2010, 02:32 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by mhr2133 - 05-11-2010, 11:08 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Orimaru1 - 05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by operalady - 05-11-2010, 09:30 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Chebasaz - 05-12-2010, 07:19 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Orimaru1 - 05-12-2010, 07:38 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by n_runner - 05-12-2010, 09:52 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by PonyGirl93 - 05-12-2010, 10:27 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by n_runner - 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by operalady - 05-12-2010, 02:02 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by jsh2 - 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by operalady - 05-13-2010, 01:50 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Orimaru1 - 06-02-2010, 01:44 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by operalady - 06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by operalady - 06-08-2010, 08:17 AM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Tiany1963 - 06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Orimaru1 - 06-09-2010, 08:13 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by operalady - 06-09-2010, 10:45 PM
CLEP English Composition tomorrow - by Orimaru1 - 05-13-2010, 05:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 5,131 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 2,066 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 15,226 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 3,062 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Saudi Scholarship: No funding for English studies bjcheung77 2 2,504 12-13-2022, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fewind
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 4,382 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 3,430 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 Jennr2z 2 2,052 05-28-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 2,232 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English Language Teaching through to 2023 bjcheung77 0 1,558 12-05-2021, 01:18 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)