Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(12-19-2020, 04:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
TheAlternativeBachelor Wrote:Any recent evaluations either being from ECE or WES?

You wanna volunteer? Who wants to volunteer? (I would, but then, I have no need for this evaluation), this what I am proposing...
See this thread: post #4 specifically: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3

My feedback from WES will upset and disappoint many of you. It took almost four months to request the transcript ENEB to be sent to WES and receive a response for WES. WES took under two weeks.

Credential: Titulo de Master
Awarded by: ENED
U.S equivalency:  Master’s degree from a non-accredited institution
-
My Personal conclusion: Valid non-academic degree in Spain – little utility for academic or maybe employment in the USA and Canada. I do not have any further need to go opinion shop from other evaluators.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dumber's post:
  • eLearner, soulblader, unfilteredsoul
(01-14-2021, 12:51 PM)Dumber Wrote:
TheAlternativeBachelor Wrote:Any recent evaluations either being from ECE or WES?

You wanna volunteer? Who wants to volunteer? (I would, but then, I have no need for this evaluation), this what I am proposing...
See this thread: post #4 specifically: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3

My feedback from WES will upset and disappoint many of you. It took almost four months to request the transcript ENEB to be sent to WES and receive a response for WES. WES took under two weeks.

-
My Personal conclusion: Valid non-academic degree in Spain – little utility for academic or maybe employment in the USA and Canada. I do not have any further need to go opinion shop from other evaluators.
Thank you so much for the update.

Looks like we will have to transfer to a uni like UCN and get a degree from them for it to be valid.
Or u can evaluate it with ECE.
(01-14-2021, 12:51 PM)Dumber Wrote: Country: Spain
-

Oof. Body blow.

I don't know what the exact reasoning behind the decision is, but if I had to make an educated guess it would be that they deem it unaccredited because of the arrangement: Even though both schools send their own separate degrees, only ENEB handles and sends the physical transcripts. And although ENEB is accredited by Spain's accepted standards of accreditation-by-association (One main school is accredited, and a separate school can enter into a partnership with that main school and be considered accredited by that association) it's not accredited by U.S. standards where each institution is only considered accredited if it has its own individual accreditation (i.e., you can't be accredited by a separate school, you can only be institutionally accredited by an institutional accrediting body).

Well, here are two positives:

1. It was recognized as a Master's degree instead of a Bachelors degree this time.

2. In a number of states, applying for licensure or bypassing significant amounts of practice hours in a number of fields only requires a valid Masters degree, be it accredited or unaccredited.

(01-14-2021, 02:08 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:

-

Looks like we will have to transfer to a uni like UCN and get a degree from them for it to be valid.

Won't work through WES though. WES has slammed the door on UCN for now. You'd have to find another evaluator.
(01-14-2021, 02:51 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:51 PM)Dumber Wrote: Country: Spain
-

Oof. Body blow.

I don't know what the exact reasoning behind the decision is, but if I had to make an educated guess it would be that they deem it unaccredited because of the arrangement: Even though both schools send their own separate degrees, only ENEB handles and sends the physical transcripts. And although ENEB is accredited by Spain's accepted standards of accreditation-by-association being (One main school is accredited, and a separate school can enter into a partnership with that main school and be considered accredited by that association) it's not accredited by U.S. standards where each institution is only considered accredited if it has its own individual accreditation (i.e., you can't be accredited by a separate school, you can only be institutionally accredited by an institutional accrediting body).

Well, here are two positives:

1. It was recognized as a Master's degree instead of a Bachelors degree this time.

2. In a number of states, applying for licensure or bypassing significant amounts of practice hours in a number of fields only requires a valid Masters degree, be it accredited or unaccredited.

(01-14-2021, 02:08 PM)Sdmj33 Wrote:

-

Won't work through WES though. WES has slammed the door on UCN for now. You'd have to find another evaluator.
is there a distinction between unaccredited and non-accredited? According to WES ENEB certificate is a Master’s degree from a non-accredited institution.
@Dumber

Same thing.
If someone can compile a list of evaluators who will accept digital copies of documents, I'll probably bite the bullet after I finish. I have no real need for evaluation, but that way we can have an answer that doesn't come from WES, the king with the tinfoil crown...
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
(01-14-2021, 05:49 PM)Thorne Wrote: If someone can compile a list of evaluators who will accept digital copies of documents, I'll probably bite the bullet after I finish. I have no real need for evaluation, but that way we can have an answer that doesn't come from WES, the king with the tinfoil crown...

Spantran accepts digital transcripts. Idk about others and im only speaking from personal experience.
(01-14-2021, 05:49 PM)Thorne Wrote: If someone can compile a list of evaluators who will accept digital copies of documents, I'll probably bite the bullet after I finish. I have no real need for evaluation, but that way we can have an answer that doesn't come from WES, the king with the tinfoil crown...

I've been working on that. Here is what I know based on direct word from each organization:

Transcript Research takes them as long as they are sent directly from the institution.

SpanTran takes them directly from the student as long as they are official and hand-signed by the school.

International Evaluation Service takes them as long as they are sent directly from the institution.

ACEI takes them, but may--at their discretion--ask for them to come directly from the institution.

SDR Educational Consultants takes them directly from the student.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • MrPanda
SpanTran needs institution to send them if u don't want pay extra for them to verify originality of documents

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 6 476 04-26-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 21 26,686 04-25-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  Help with ENEB David1477 6 570 04-23-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 1,272 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 290 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Master degrees hicham78h 1 368 04-23-2024, 02:11 AM
  ENEB FOR € 30 bjcheung77 33 2,678 04-20-2024, 05:20 PM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 118 16,058 04-15-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,397 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,741 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent