Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 degrees from TESC using the same credits?
If you get your AA or AAS before you get your BA you can use the credits from the AA again for the BA. Once you get your BA or BSBA they may not let you go back and get an AA in the same or close area of study. That is the problem I am having.

I have the AA in General Studies so that is really useless on my Resume, the BA is in Natural science/mathematics. I have already met all the requirements for the AAS Environmental, Safety and Security Technology. I would still be willing to go back and earn 12 more FEMAS for the 12 new credit requirement. I am still fighting. So if you want an AA and a BA that are close in areas of study get the AA first.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:If you get your AA or AAS before you get your BA you can use the credits from the AA again for the BA. Once you get your BA or BSBA they may not let you go back and get an AA in the same or close area of study. That is the problem I am having.

I have the AA in General Studies so that is really useless on my Resume, the BA is in Natural science/mathematics. I have already met all the requirements for the AAS Environmental, Safety and Security Technology. I would still be willing to go back and earn 12 more FEMAS for the 12 new credit requirement. I am still fighting. So if you want an AA and a BA that are close in areas of study get the AA first.

Contact your county Emergency Management Agency. Find their CERT coordinator. Ask them to add you to their mailing list and ask when their next in-person class is. Sign up. Get confirmation (e-mail) that you are signed up, on their mailing list, etc. Ask them several questions via e-mail about county EM work, training required, express an interest, etc. Send that to the dean and ask for a waiver. Tell him/her you became very interested in this field as a result of your FEMA studies and would like to formalize that in order to potentially pursue work or volunteer work with your county EMA.

I plan to get this AAS on my way to my BSBA. I don't need the FEMAs at all, but I didn't know that before I did 5 and found the field fascinating. Wife and I took the CERT class, and that was that.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,087 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries laoshijeff 5 2,720 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Last Post: teacher2
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,222 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,673 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,818 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,793 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,580 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,359 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,590 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32