Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 Month UMPI BA in Management for $3,222.
(10-18-2021, 06:43 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: I'm transferring 4 biology credits from a B&M college, 3 classroom and 1 lab.  I also have completed environmental bio from Sophia.  Checking the guide here, as well as the GEC site, I didn't think I would need another science course.  Of course, I can take the Sophia bio class too.

Wait. You have already completed a lab science - 4 credits at a college? Then don't take the Study.com course. You don't need it as long as you earned a C in the bio class from your college. Human Biology from Sophia fills 3C. The lab science does not. The lab science fills 3E. And Environmental Science fills 3D. I've been through this. I was the first person on the forum to attend UMPI.
(10-18-2021, 09:13 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 06:43 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: I'm transferring 4 biology credits from a B&M college, 3 classroom and 1 lab.  I also have completed environmental bio from Sophia.  Checking the guide here, as well as the GEC site, I didn't think I would need another science course.  Of course, I can take the Sophia bio class too.

Wait. You have already completed a lab science - 4 credits at a college? Then don't take the Study.com course. You don't need it as long as you earned a C in the bio class from your college. Human Biology from Sophia fills 3C. The lab science does not. The lab science fills 3E. And Environmental Science fills 3D. I've been through this. I was the first person on the forum to attend UMPI.

Got it, yes, I believe my previous biology credit will transfer in as BIO 105 equivalent and satisfy both 3C and 3E, according to what I saw in the GEC.  Thanks for all of the info and sorry for the thread hijack.
(10-19-2021, 09:58 AM)2legit2quit Wrote:

Got it, yes, I believe my previous biology credit will transfer in as BIO 105 equivalent and satisfy both 3C and 3E, according to what I saw in the GEC.  Thanks for all of the info and sorry for the thread hijack.

Lab science doesn't fill 3C. Have you checked the GEC to see if your lab science will fill it? It's not a lab science. It's very specific.
(10-19-2021, 02:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 09:58 AM)2legit2quit Wrote:

Lab science doesn't fill 3C. Have you checked the GEC to see if your lab science will fill it? It's not a lab science. It's very specific.

I checked the GEC and checked the description of BIO 105, which most closely matches what I took in college.  I believe it will satisfy both.
(10-20-2021, 08:28 AM)2legit2quit Wrote: I checked the GEC and checked the description of BIO 105, which most closely matches what I took in college.  I believe it will satisfy both.

Also keep in mind that you need a minimum of 40 credits in the GEC.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • 2legit2quit, Pikachu
(09-27-2021, 12:05 AM)RedBeardVII Wrote: Hi all.
I think that this is my first post here, though I have lurked from time to time.  Smile

Looking over all the UMPI information has me exited to (finally) get this done. I am looking more at the Bachelor of Liberal Studies, Management Information Systems Minor as it appeals to the computer geek in me, I guess. Ideas or things to watch out for?

Also, are 20+ year old University credits worth anything? (Yes, literally from last century.) Asking for a friend.

They accepted mine!
UMPI BA - Accounting (presently working on)
Sophia
Walla Walla Community College
University of Washington 
University of Puget Sound 
Peninsula College 
I already took Introduction to Psychology during the Sophia free offer last year. Could that be subbed for Introduction to Sociology or should I use it as an elective?
For GEC requirement 2B, Sociology and Psychology are interchangeable. But not requirement 5A: http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....3&poid=239

Depending on what you already have, it may make sense to get Sociology even though you have Psychology.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
Hi @Ashkir, May i know how many courses you took on UMPI during one session? Is there any idea that only take one session on UPMI? Other courses finish on Sophia or study.com or ICC..

Appreciate it for your reply
(12-28-2021, 11:44 AM)eleanorliu6 Wrote: Hi @Ashkir, May i know how many courses you took on UMPI during one session? Is there any idea that only take one session on UPMI?  Other courses finish on Sophia or study.com or ICC..

Appreciate it for your reply

I took 13 in one session. Another I believe did 19 in one session. It was hard and a lot of work.

You will very likely need two sessions as classes are divided between session 1 and 2 for requirements.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies-Managment minor Federicojavier 6 3,554 12-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12