Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 Month UMPI BA in Management for $3,222.
(10-18-2021, 01:16 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: Thanks for your post on this and the spreadsheet.  I used your info to create my own plan for their history program and have applied for the January session.  I'm transferring in 30 credits from B&M college and now working on Sophia credits (done with 12 so far).  I am planning to submit for PLA for my language requirements and while doing research on the PLA, I saw several references on here that UMPI only accepts a maximum of 30 PLA credits and counts ACE credit as PLA.  Did you have to do anything to get them to take more than 30 ACE credits?  I'm wondering if they changed their policy, if you just have to get lucky with the right advisor, or if there is some additional legwork to get them to take all of the Sophia, InstantCert, and SDC credits.

Are you looking at UMPI or the UMPI YourPace program, which is completely different.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-18-2021, 01:16 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: Thanks for your post on this and the spreadsheet.  I used your info to create my own plan for their history program and have applied for the January session.  I'm transferring in 30 credits from B&M college and now working on Sophia credits (done with 12 so far).  I am planning to submit for PLA for my language requirements and while doing research on the PLA, I saw several references on here that UMPI only accepts a maximum of 30 PLA credits and counts ACE credit as PLA.  Did you have to do anything to get them to take more than 30 ACE credits?  I'm wondering if they changed their policy, if you just have to get lucky with the right advisor, or if there is some additional legwork to get them to take all of the Sophia, InstantCert, and SDC credits.

You need to look at the YourPace website not the UMPI website. They accept up to 90 ACE credits. Don't do a PLA. It's more work than completing one of their YourPace courses. PLA is fine for on campus students not YourPace students. ACE is not PLA. Not sure what you're reading, but that's not the case. Stick to ACE credits. We have whole degree plans on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • SophiaPrincess

For YourPace, they've changed policies to allow up to 90 credits per degree. These can be ACE or from B&M sources. 

I would highly advise that you NOT do the PLA for the language and just take the ACTFL exam. If you're even partially fluent, that'll be much easier. If you know Spanish, just do InstantCert. For German or Italian, you could take the CLEP. Any of these are going to be easier and faster than a PLA. 

Also, don't forget the science-with-a-lab if you don't already have it. Study.com's BIO 101L is currently recommended.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • 2legit2quit, HeatherCO, jch
(10-18-2021, 01:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

For YourPace, they've changed policies to allow up to 90 credits per degree. These can be ACE or from B&M sources. 

I would highly advise that you NOT do the PLA for the language and just take the ACTFL exam. If you're even partially fluent, that'll be much easier. If you know Spanish, just do InstantCert. For German or Italian, you could take the CLEP. Any of these are going to be easier and faster than a PLA. 

Also, don't forget the science-with-a-lab if you don't already have it. Study.com's BIO 101L is currently recommended.

I am enrolling in YourPace, yes.  I just read through the other thread where Ashkir talked through their accepted credits, so I'm glad to see there's no limit on ACE credits now.  I only hope they don't give me a hard time transferring in ACE credits before January, since I already applied for admission.

I was just looking at ACTFL, do you know if I need to take all of the ACTFL tests (oral, writing, reading, etc.) or if I can pick and choose?  I don't speak any European languages, but I am conversationally fluent in Japanese, my reading and writing leave more to be desired.  I am hopeful that they will accept it for my 6 FL credits for their history program, but I need to speak to an advisor.  If they won't accept them, then I'll just do Spanish.

I am transferring in science with a lab and have also completed environmental science on Sophia.  I'm also hoping they take my two community college English classes are direct credit for the two required comp classes.
You only need to take one ACTFL exam, so long as it grants you credits. If you are conversationally fluent, it should grant you at least 6 credits. I think it should count for the history program, but I'm not completely sure.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • 2legit2quit
(10-18-2021, 02:12 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You only need to take one ACTFL exam, so long as it grants you credits. If you are conversationally fluent, it should grant you at least 6 credits. I think it should count for the history program, but I'm not completely sure.

Thanks for your help.  I should have my application accepted in the next week or so, and I will ask my advisor before ordering an exam.  Looking at the ACE recommendations, I believe I should be able to test in with 9 or more credits with just oral examination.  I really hope they will accept them toward my major requirement.
(10-18-2021, 02:03 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: I am enrolling in YourPace, yes.  I just read through the other thread where Ashkir talked through their accepted credits, so I'm glad to see there's no limit on ACE credits now.  I only hope they don't give me a hard time transferring in ACE credits before January, since I already applied for admission.

I was just looking at ACTFL, do you know if I need to take all of the ACTFL tests (oral, writing, reading, etc.) or if I can pick and choose?  I don't speak any European languages, but I am conversationally fluent in Japanese, my reading and writing leave more to be desired.  I am hopeful that they will accept it for my 6 FL credits for their history program, but I need to speak to an advisor.  If they won't accept them, then I'll just do Spanish.

I am transferring in science with a lab and have also completed environmental science on Sophia.  I'm also hoping they take my two community college English classes are direct credit for the two required comp classes.

Have you been accepted into UMPI? If you have, you will need to talk to your advisor about transferring additional classes. One you're accepted, you're enrolled at UMPI. Once enrolled you need permission to transfer classes into your program. I don't recommend applying until you're ready to start courses at UMPI.

They accept Environmental Science from Sophia for one of the GEC areas. A lab science fills another GEC requirement. I would also take Human Biology on Sophia as it will fill another GEC requirement.
(10-18-2021, 03:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 02:03 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: I am enrolling in YourPace, yes.  I just read through the other thread where Ashkir talked through their accepted credits, so I'm glad to see there's no limit on ACE credits now.  I only hope they don't give me a hard time transferring in ACE credits before January, since I already applied for admission.

Have you been accepted into UMPI? If you have, you will need to talk to your advisor about transferring additional classes. One you're accepted, you're enrolled at UMPI. Once enrolled you need permission to transfer classes into your program. I don't recommend applying until you're ready to start courses at UMPI.

They accept Environmental Science from Sophia for one of the GEC areas. A lab science fills another GEC requirement. I would also take Human Biology on Sophia as it will fill another GEC requirement.

I'm not yet accepted.  I called to speak with them last week about PLA and the degree program and they had me apply during the phone call.  How soon before the semester can I apply?  I am probably a few days from being accepted (unless they find some reason not to accept me).

Also, my lab science I'm transferring in is Biology. Can I still transfer in the Sophia Bio?
(10-18-2021, 03:58 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: I'm not yet accepted.  I called to speak with them last week about PLA and the degree program and they had me apply during the phone call.  How soon before the semester can I apply?  I am probably a few days from being accepted (unless they find some reason not to accept me).

Also, my lab science I'm transferring in is Biology.  Can I still transfer in the Sophia Bio?

You can apply up until 1/3 for the Spring 1 Term. 

You will need both the lab science bio (unless you have completed a lab science elsewhere) and the Human Bio from Sophia. They're for 2 different areas of the GEC. They're 2 different bio classes as well.
(10-18-2021, 06:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-18-2021, 03:58 PM)2legit2quit Wrote: I'm not yet accepted.  I called to speak with them last week about PLA and the degree program and they had me apply during the phone call.  How soon before the semester can I apply?  I am probably a few days from being accepted (unless they find some reason not to accept me).

Also, my lab science I'm transferring in is Biology.  Can I still transfer in the Sophia Bio?

You can apply up until 1/3 for the Spring 1 Term. 

You will need both the lab science bio (unless you have completed a lab science elsewhere) and the Human Bio from Sophia. They're for 2 different areas of the GEC. They're 2 different bio classes as well.

I'm transferring 4 biology credits from a B&M college, 3 classroom and 1 lab.  I also have completed environmental bio from Sophia.  Checking the guide here, as well as the GEC site, I didn't think I would need another science course.  Of course, I can take the Sophia bio class too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies-Managment minor Federicojavier 6 3,458 12-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12