Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 Month UMPI BA in Management for $3,222.
(04-22-2021, 11:43 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-22-2021, 11:40 AM)ashkir Wrote: Collge Algebra, Statistics, and PreCalc didn't even show up on my finalized degree! They required me to take MAT 140, as that is their GEC AND Business Requirement for the YourPace program. YourPace does some things from the GEC a bit differently. I'll get an exported part of my finalized degree audit.

Do you think MAT 140 would benefit from taking College Algebra, Stats, both, or neither?

Nope. MAT 140 was easier then Sophia's college algebra tbh. It was more relevant to business and how to use algebra and graphs to determine business question answers. 

.pdf   SAA_STD_DS-unlocked.pdf (Size: 133.81 KB / Downloads: 156)
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
I added a section where you can download it as excel or copy to Google Sheets so you can modify it on your own.

All classes listed are classes that are able to transfer to UMPI. No 'guesses'. This is from my actual degree audit, and I swapped a few classes out that I got from my conversations with Jessica based upon my experience.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • EeBee, SaltLife, Vle045
So awesome! I'm actually going to do this! I'm starting off over at Sophia.com first!
[-] The following 3 users Like HappyPeanut's post:
  • ashkir, RachelB, ss20ts
(04-21-2021, 04:40 PM)ashkir Wrote: Do you want a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Management & Leadership Concentration from UMPI with Weekends and Break time? This degree plan is very similar to my own, but, modified to maximize outside credits based upon my UMPI experience. Let's say you're going to start 100% from scratch starting the first Monday of May... This will take 7 months in total but only 6 months of work!

View my Smartsheet here: 
https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQB...340f80ed57

Your cost:
Sophia: $158 (2 months at $79 per month)
Study.com: $199 (1 month at $199 per month)
InstantCert: $65 ($15 exam fee x 3 + 1 month at $20)
UMPI: $2800 ($1400 per term/session, x 2 months) 

$3222

Notes: 
  • I do recommend taking English at UMPI, but if you time it along with your Sophia.org classes, there's no reason to spend time at UMPI on it.
  • Bio 105 is recommended to be taken at Study.com vs UMPI
  • I assume that it'd take you 3 days to finish a Sophia course and 30 days per Eng Comp
  • The dates do not count weekends and assumes you're starting the first Monday of May. 
  • Due to enrollment, you have a 1-month break, unless you finish 1.5 months ahead of time. I took a 1-month break myself between Sophia and UMPI.  
  • UMPI class dates are just placeholders, but just try to do 1 per week and you'd finish in one term. 
  • you can easily swap out Study.com or InstantCert classes and take them at UMPI instead, as you'd have 3 weeks to spare at UMPI so you can safely move 3 classes around.

Hey I have a quick question, I am going to be taking supply chain management so the concentration classes aren't going to be the same but my question is this: The business core classes are the same and there is one listed as PCJ215 Business Communications. I also need that (as its a core class) but I don't see it on your spreadsheet? Is that a sophia class I can take or... I was thinking it could be communications at work but that comes transfers at BUS210 Organizational Behavior so I am not sure...
[-] The following 1 user Likes TPG's post:
  • ISKBizz15
(08-11-2021, 08:19 PM)TPG Wrote: Hey I have a quick question, I am going to be taking supply chain management so the concentration classes aren't going to be the same but my question is this: The business core classes are the same and there is one listed as PCJ215 Business Communications. I also need that (as its a core class) but I don't see it on your spreadsheet? Is that a sophia class I can take or... I was thinking it could be communications at work but that comes transfers at BUS210 Organizational Behavior so I am not sure...

Communication at Work on Sophia transferred in for his Bus Comm req.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ISKBizz15
Does anyone know if CSMlearn and Sophias Principles of Statistics counts towards math in the non-business degrees?
(08-14-2021, 01:27 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: Does anyone know if CSMlearn and Sophias Principles of Statistics counts towards math in the non-business degrees?

I don't know anything about CMSLearn. Sophia's Introduction to Statistics transfers in as MAT101 so that fills GEC 3A and 3B. You may want College Algebra on Sophia because you need at least 40 credits in the GEC and many classes will fulfill multiple GECs.

ETA: I'm looking at the UMPI transfer equivalency system and need to know what the CMSLearn course is called. Is it called the CSM Certificate? That transfers in as a general elective - not for math.

Total side note....I FINALLY found where they have the transfer equivalencies for InstantCert, TEEX, and ALEKS!
  • FastTrackDegree
Yes, It's the CSM Certificate. Ok, Thanks, guess I have to do College Algebra then!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FastTrackDegree's post:
  • ss20ts
(08-14-2021, 02:01 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: Yes, It's the CSM Certificate.  Ok, Thanks, guess I have to do College Algebra then!

I found Stats to be much more difficult than algebra. I'm soooo NOT a math person at all. I watched all of the videos on Sophia from Anthony. I liked his methodology the best. There was like 4 different people to choose from when I took the class last year.
  • FastTrackDegree
(08-14-2021, 01:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 01:27 PM)FastTrackDegree Wrote: Does anyone know if CSMlearn and Sophias Principles of Statistics counts towards math in the non-business degrees?

I don't know anything about CMSLearn. Sophia's Introduction to Statistics transfers in as MAT101 so that fills GEC 3A and 3B. You may want College Algebra on Sophia because you need at least 40 credits in the GEC and many classes will fulfill multiple GECs.

ETA: I'm looking at the UMPI transfer equivalency system and need to know what the CMSLearn course is called. Is it called the CSM Certificate? That transfers in as a general elective - not for math.

Total side note....I FINALLY found where they have the transfer equivalencies for InstantCert, TEEX, and ALEKS!
Does UMPI accept ALEKS for College Algebra? Thanks!
CLEP: US History 1
DSST: Intro to Computing, Intro to World Religions
ALEKS: Basic Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
Sophia: Art History
Straighterline: Intro to Environmental Science, US History 2, Western Civ 1, American Gov, Anthropology, West Civ 2, A&P 1, Medical Terminology
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Kaplan PLA

In Progress - English 101, Intro to Comm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies-Managment minor Federicojavier 6 3,569 12-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12