Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
6 Month UMPI BA in Management for $3,222.
Do you want a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Management & Leadership Concentration from UMPI with Weekends and Break time? This degree plan is very similar to my own, but, modified to maximize outside credits based upon my UMPI experience. Let's say you're going to start 100% from scratch starting the first Monday of May... This will take 7 months in total but only 6 months of work!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...ue&sd=true

Your cost:
Sophia: $158 (2 months at $79 per month)
Study.com: $199 (1 month at $199 per month)
InstantCert: $65 ($15 exam fee x 3 + 1 month at $20)
UMPI: $2800 ($1400 per term/session, x 2 months) 

$3222

Notes: 
  • I do recommend taking English at UMPI, but if you time it along with your Sophia.org classes, there's no reason to spend time at UMPI on it.
  • Bio 105 is recommended to be taken at Study.com vs UMPI
  • I assume that it'd take you 3 days to finish a Sophia course and 30 days per Eng Comp
  • The dates do not count weekends and assumes you're starting the first Monday of May. 
  • Due to enrollment, you have a 1-month break, unless you finish 1.5 months ahead of time. I took a 1-month break myself between Sophia and UMPI.  
  • UMPI class dates are just placeholders, but just try to do 1 per week and you'd finish in one term. 
  • you can easily swap out Study.com or InstantCert classes and take them at UMPI instead, as you'd have 3 weeks to spare at UMPI so you can safely move 3 classes around.
Thanks! This should be super useful for anyone who is wanting a degree at UMPI.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-21-2021, 05:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Thanks! This should be super useful for anyone who is wanting a degree at UMPI.

Thanks! That’s my goal. I wanted to provide a clear plug and play path as possible so people can transfer the maximum without going to the extreme at UMPI. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • dbinghamjr, Jobe112, rachel83az
Just to throw it out there, I've seen at least one report that ICC's marketing course covers BUS 330 and SDC's human resources course (Business 106) covers BUS 321 at UMPI.

That would bring the total down to 11 courses to take at UMPI.
(04-21-2021, 09:27 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Just to throw it out there, I've seen at least one report that ICC's marketing course covers BUS 330 and SDC's human resources course (Business 106) covers BUS 321 at UMPI.

Probably a dumb question, what is ICC?

Thanks!!

(04-21-2021, 08:29 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Thanks! This should be super useful for anyone who is wanting a degree at UMPI.

Thanks! That’s my goal. I wanted to provide a clear plug and play path as possible so people can transfer the maximum without going to the extreme at UMPI. Big Grin
This is amazing!!!
I added more clear notes to help it be easier for people who want to plug and play. The timeline is a suggestion, but easily doable. IT has an option now to take extra classes or to take less at UMPI.

(04-21-2021, 09:27 PM)dbinghamjr Wrote: Just to throw it out there, I've seen at least one report that ICC's marketing course covers BUS 330 and SDC's human resources course (Business 106) covers BUS 321 at UMPI.

I have those noted in the side to take. I tried to make it fit the 6-month timeline as much as I can. This is also why I have a 1 month break, I'll clarify that, to allow time to take extra courses, etc. But, it is noted "or take at UMPI' or "Take at study.com/etc" for the ones under UMPI. I preferred the one at UMPI for Human Resources as it was multiple choice for me and I did it in 10 hours total. For UMPI I gave each course 7 weekdays (not 1 week, 7 individual weekdays like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday). Working 2-3 hours each weeknight = this is possible.

(04-21-2021, 10:35 PM)RICKE95126 Wrote:

Probably a dumb question, what is ICC?

Thanks!!

(04-21-2021, 08:29 PM)ashkir Wrote:

This is amazing!!!
ICC is InstantCert InstantCredit https://www.instantcert.com/articles/art...IT-Courses

They're the sponsors of degreeforum
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • RachelB, Vle045
A couple of questions:
1) do you not suggest Stats or College Algebra at Sophia? Will either of these fulfill the math requirement at UMPI? And will either fulfill the Math for Business course?
2) do you not suggest taking more Study.com courses to fulfill a few options in the major, so you can take the minimum (10) courses at UMPI? Why?
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BTW - this is a great breakdown of how to get this degree. Very well done.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • RachelB
(04-22-2021, 11:16 AM)dfrecore Wrote:  1) do you not suggest Stats or College Algebra at Sophia?  Will either of these fulfill the math requirement at UMPI?  And will either fulfill the Math for Business course?

That's a good point. The GEC at UMPI lists a 6-credit math requirement. Per the catalog at http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=3&navoid=118

Quote:3. Quantitative & Scientific Reasoning

This is for both Learning Objectives A and B. Learning Objective C here is the dreaded biology course.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • hartichu, HeatherCO
College Algebra, Statistics, and PreCalc didn't even show up on my finalized degree! They required me to take MAT 140, as that is their GEC AND Business Requirement for the YourPace program. YourPace does some things from the GEC a bit differently.

See the full degree audit attached, this is my final degree and all classes are done now, just waiting for end of the session. 

.pdf   SAA_STD_DS-unlocked.pdf (Size: 133.81 KB / Downloads: 577)
(04-22-2021, 11:40 AM)ashkir Wrote: Collge Algebra, Statistics, and PreCalc didn't even show up on my finalized degree! They required me to take MAT 140, as that is their GEC AND Business Requirement for the YourPace program. YourPace does some things from the GEC a bit differently. I'll get an exported part of my finalized degree audit.

Do you think MAT 140 would benefit from taking College Algebra, Stats, both, or neither?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Completed UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies-Managment minor Federicojavier 6 3,534 12-24-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12