Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
(10-20-2020, 02:08 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: A few questions - 

Instead of adding a completed course, we will get a "badge"? 

That badge is issued by the provider? (We don't have to go and request credit?)

But, should a student go and create their own account on Acclaim right now? Or will you have an account from the fact of being on the ACE registry?

questions, questions....thanks!
The badge system strikes me as odd and not very professional IMHO.
(10-21-2020, 09:51 PM)Seagull Wrote: The badge system strikes me as odd and not very professional IMHO.

Odd/Unprofessional? 

Perhaps but "different" is what comes to mind for me. I have Cisco and CompTIA certification badges already thru Acclaim that are fully recognized and accepted by the industry as well as for college credit from participating schools like WGU. Adding ACE seems natural. 

Sending a "digital transcript" is as easy as entering a school or employer's name & email and clicking "Send". There is little to no cost to the organization to send transcripts electronically, hence, no charge for the student.  If it works the same for ACE credits, this will be awesome!

The larger question is; How will certain providers, who currently have little to no presence on this platform (Sophia, Saylor, etc...), integrate to this new process?
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(10-21-2020, 11:47 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: The larger question is; How will certain providers, who currently have little to no presence on this platform (Sophia, Saylor, etc...), integrate to this new process?
Saylor is NCCRS and so is unlikely to join Acclaim. Sophia, per a message earlier in the thread, is migrating over.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • GizmoJack
(10-22-2020, 12:56 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 11:47 PM)GizmoJack Wrote: The larger question is; How will certain providers, who currently have little to no presence on this platform (Sophia, Saylor, etc...), integrate to this new process?
Saylor is NCCRS and so is unlikely to join Acclaim. Sophia, per a message earlier in the thread, is migrating over.
Saylor only has 3 active NCCRS courses (Business Statistics, College Algebra and Intro to Comp Sci). Most of their credit approved courses are through ACE.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
I'm very confused. Should I transfer all of my ACE credits over to Acclaim? Or are they doing that automatically? Or hurry up, re-enroll into TESU and send them my ACE transcript before the end of this month? What does all of this mean about ACE credits?
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(10-22-2020, 03:39 PM)collegechick Wrote: I'm very confused.  Should I transfer all of my ACE credits over to Acclaim?  Or are they doing that automatically?  Or hurry up, re-enroll into TESU and send them my ACE transcript before the end of this month?  What does all of this mean about ACE credits?

It's confusing for all of us and information is scarce but it appears that the ACE credits "should" transfer automatically to Acclaim. There is no way (that I am aware of) where you can manually transfer credits yourself. Your provider; SDC, Straighterline, etc should or will have a process in place to manage this. 

Most providers currently have a way for you to send transcripts directly to the school, bypassing the need to send via ACE/Acclaim. At this time, it is unknown if/how this will change. Stay tuned to this forum and thread.  This change affects just about all of us. There are a number of experienced people here and over the next few weeks, someone will have more answers.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

(10-20-2020, 01:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:11 AM)echo64 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 10:57 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 09:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: I'll be putting some of my Sophia classes on hold until I see what's going on with this Credly Acclaim thing. No point working for something that won't transfer over to ACE. Do we know if Sophia is working on adding this badge system? At least SDC, Straighterline, and a couple of other places are switching over.

Sophia already has a transcription service system in place. You can request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment. With ACE making change, schools will need to adapt. Many already accept Sophia transcripts through Parchment.

Many schools will not take Parchment no matter how credible and official it is. They want to see the transcript directly from ACE.

And many schools DO take Parchment transcripts for ACE credits. I have been enrolled into 2 that do and my husband is enrolled in 1 as well.

Yes, that's nice. I'm glad there are schools that take Parchment. But this is the ACE credit registry change thread not the parchment acceptance thread and in my personal opinion, if it's not on an ACE transcript it's worthless for my personal education plans and for many others. Even some of the local CC's near me will take something on an ACE transcript. Parchment? Never heard of it.

On another note, I'm glad that Sophia is indicating a changeover to the new system. Does anyone know if it is possible to see how the new ACE transcript from Credly will look like?
(10-22-2020, 07:29 PM)echo64 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 01:48 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 03:11 AM)echo64 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 10:57 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 09:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: I'll be putting some of my Sophia classes on hold until I see what's going on with this Credly Acclaim thing. No point working for something that won't transfer over to ACE. Do we know if Sophia is working on adding this badge system? At least SDC, Straighterline, and a couple of other places are switching over.

Sophia already has a transcription service system in place. You can request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment. With ACE making change, schools will need to adapt. Many already accept Sophia transcripts through Parchment.

Many schools will not take Parchment no matter how credible and official it is. They want to see the transcript directly from ACE.

And many schools DO take Parchment transcripts for ACE credits. I have been enrolled into 2 that do and my husband is enrolled in 1 as well.

Yes, that's nice. I'm glad there are schools that take Parchment. But this is the ACE credit registry change thread not the parchment acceptance thread and in my personal opinion, if it's not on an ACE transcript it's worthless for my personal education plans and for many others. Even some of the local CC's near me will take something on an ACE transcript. Parchment? Never heard of it.

On another note, I'm glad that Sophia is indicating a changeover to the new system. Does anyone know if it is possible to see how the new ACE transcript from Credly will look like?

Parchment is one of the main electronic transcription services used by colleges and universities. I have 2 colleges transcripts that are issued through Parchment. I had never heard of it either until I need to request transcripts last December.
(10-22-2020, 07:29 PM)echo64 Wrote: On another note, I'm glad that Sophia is indicating a changeover to the new system. Does anyone know if it is possible to see how the new ACE transcript from Credly will look like?

You can request one from Credly/Acclaim (click the gear in the top right, Send Transcript). I sent one to myself (it's free).

It looks... not like a transcript imo. One badge took up almost a full page, it's somewhat similar to looking at a course's listing in the ACE guide. I'm not confident very many schools (outside the big 3/other very ACE-friendly schools) will accept this as anything, unless maybe for a PLA portfolio. Hopefully I'm wrong.
For everyone saying that they think ACE will automatically transfer our credits to Acclaim, does that mean we just create an Acclaim account using the same email as our ACE account?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jinsoo's post:
  • Cammilynn

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,036 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 550 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 703 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 845 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 911 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,828 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,551 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,932 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,866 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,038 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby