Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
(10-19-2020, 09:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: I'll be putting some of my Sophia classes on hold until I see what's going on with this Credly Acclaim thing. No point working for something that won't transfer over to ACE. Do we know if Sophia is working on adding this badge system? At least SDC, Straighterline, and a couple of other places are switching over.

Sophia already has a transcription service system in place. You can request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment. With ACE making change, schools will need to adapt. Many already accept Sophia transcripts through Parchment.
If Sophia doesn’t adapt I can see most schools just dropping it. Parchment isn’t that popular except at those side schools.

TESU took my parchment so idk why you all are saying they don’t take it?
(10-19-2020, 11:16 AM)ashkir Wrote: If Sophia doesn’t adapt I can see most schools just dropping it. Parchment isn’t that popular except at those side schools.

I sent my Sophia transcript via Parchment recently and this was specifically rejected and I was told to resubmit my ACE transcript. Same with Pierpont.

Those saying that the schools will just have to adapt is all well and good but we should all know how resistant to change schools can be. If they haven't accepted Sophia via Parchment before now, I really doubt that they're going to suddenly accept Sophia via Parchment just because ACE credits have switched to a new method of transcription. They're going to want credits on the "real" ACE transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ctcarl
(10-19-2020, 11:16 AM)ashkir Wrote: If Sophia doesn’t adapt I can see most schools just dropping it. Parchment isn’t that popular except at those side schools.

What? Many colleges and universities issue their transcripts through Parchment. I have transcripts from 2 colleges through Parchment. Sophia uses Parchment for transcripts. I'm so confused by your first paragraph.
(10-19-2020, 12:00 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 11:16 AM)ashkir Wrote: TESU took my parchment so idk why you all are saying they don’t take it?

What? Many colleges and universities issue their transcripts through Parchment. I have transcripts from 2 colleges through Parchment. Sophia uses Parchment for transcripts.

One key difference is that TESU will take a university transcript through Parchment, but for "non collegiate providers" it says official ACE transcript (or from the organization if it's  nccrs)

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/send-transcripts

I have no idea what was meant about if sophia doesn't then ....
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • GizmoJack, rachel83az
Photo 
I had a brief chat session with Sophia today.

I told the support agent that there's currently only the following Sophia badge on Acclaim:
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...ing/badges

Then I asked if they are going to create badges for the other courses.
After checking with the internal staff the agent sent me the following email:

"My supervisor has just confirmed that other classes should have badges on Acclaim later this month. Please keep checking back to the website to see what is available!"
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
[-] The following 6 users Like doom's post:
  • crotique, GizmoJack, ISKBizz15, MNomadic, P226mem, rachel83az
I've just realized that, with this changeover, there will no longer be any "combining" of the TEEX classes for a better result. Grrr.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-19-2020, 02:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I've just realized that, with this changeover, there will no longer be any "combining" of the TEEX classes for a better result. Grrr.

What 'combining' option was this?
I didn't have much on there, but I went ahead and paid the $15 because it's just not worth messing with if something goes wrong. I don't have any ACE credits in process anyway.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(10-19-2020, 10:57 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 09:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: I'll be putting some of my Sophia classes on hold until I see what's going on with this Credly Acclaim thing. No point working for something that won't transfer over to ACE. Do we know if Sophia is working on adding this badge system? At least SDC, Straighterline, and a couple of other places are switching over.

Sophia already has a transcription service system in place. You can request your Sophia transcripts through Parchment. With ACE making change, schools will need to adapt. Many already accept Sophia transcripts through Parchment.

Many schools will not take Parchment no matter how credible and official it is. They want to see the transcript directly from ACE.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 1,036 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 550 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 703 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 845 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 911 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,828 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,551 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,932 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,866 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,038 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby