Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
Hopefully, Sophia has them all ready to go. Otherwise, a lot of us are going to "lose" a lot of credits come November.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-18-2020, 05:47 AM)doom Wrote: Many badges are already there (you need to create an account to see them).

https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...com/badges
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...ine/badges
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...arn/badges

Sophia has currently just one :-(
https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...ing/badges

Many big companies and universities are issuing badges too.

I'm feeling clueless here.  I created my acclaim account.  How do you claim your badge?  example: I have CSMlearn course (or pick sophia if you prefer) completed and it is on my ACE transcript.  I cannot find out what to do next to go from ACE to acclaim.  any tips?  The only thing I found in questions and answers on acclaim is to contact the issuing organization.

This is going to be a nightmare for a while. younger sis will need this info. She had hopes to eventually get pierpont BOG.  I'm good with my ace transcript already done with tesu and almost out of there.... but got to know this stuff if she is going to continue to use sophia.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(10-18-2020, 08:32 AM)P226mem Wrote: I'm feeling clueless here.  I created my acclaim account.  How do you claim your badge?  example: I have CSMlearn course (or pick sophia if you prefer) completed and it is on my ACE transcript.  I cannot find out what to do next to go from ACE to acclaim.  any tips?  The only thing I found in questions and answers on acclaim is to contact the issuing organization.

This is going to be a nightmare for a while. younger sis will need this info. She had hopes to eventually get pierpont BOG.  I'm good with my ace transcript already done with tesu and almost out of there.... but got to know this stuff if she is going to continue to use sophia.

I think that all current ACE credits are supposed to auto-magically transfer over to Acclaim once the carriage turns back into a pumpkin on Halloween night. But this isn't clear. The normal process is that the badge-granting institution will email you with a link for you to claim your badge(s). I just did this yesterday with my Google IT Support Professional certificate. You can also set up your Acclaim profile to automatically accept any/all badges from a given institution. But you have to get a badge from the institution first. I have mine set up to automatically accept Coursera badges from now on.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
(10-18-2020, 06:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hopefully, Sophia has them all ready to go. Otherwise, a lot of us are going to "lose" a lot of credits come November.

Sophia provides transcripts via Parchment, so there will always be available transcripts.
(10-18-2020, 09:36 AM)eriehiker Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 06:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hopefully, Sophia has them all ready to go. Otherwise, a lot of us are going to "lose" a lot of credits come November.

Sophia provides transcripts via Parchment, so there will always be available transcripts.

TESU doesn't accept Sophia via Parchment. Nor do several other schools. If Sophia doesn't go where the other ACE credits go, they may no longer be worth anything to many people on this forum.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • eriehiker
(10-18-2020, 09:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 08:32 AM)P226mem Wrote: I'm feeling clueless here.  I created my acclaim account.  How do you claim your badge?

I think that all current ACE credits are supposed to auto-magically transfer over to Acclaim once the carriage turns back into a pumpkin on Halloween night. But this isn't clear. The normal process is that the badge-granting institution will email you with a link for you to claim your badge(s). I just did this yesterday with my Google IT Support Professional certificate. You can also set up your Acclaim profile to automatically accept any/all badges from a given institution. But you have to get a badge from the institution first. I have mine set up to automatically accept Coursera badges from now on.

That's what I was assuming too. Guess we'll find out soon enough.   maybe the parchment thing with sophia is all that matters for younger sis. it'll all change by the time she's ready.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

For the curious, TEEX is on Acclaim. https://www.youracclaim.com/organization...ice/badges But one's missing.

Cyber 101
  • TEEX-0279 Information Security for Everyone (AWR175) - Yes
  • TEEX-0278 Cyber Ethics (AWR174) - Yes
  • TEEX-0277 Cyber Law & White Collar Crime (AWR168) - Yes
Cyber 201
  • TEEX-0280 Network Assurance (AWR138) - No
  • TEEX-0281 Digital Forensics Basics (AWR139) - Yes
  • TEEX-0282 Information Security Basics (AWR173) - Yes
  • TEEX-0283 Secure Software and Network Assurance (AWR178) - Yes
Cyber 301
  • TEEX-0284 Cyber Incident Analysis & Response (AWR169) - Yes
  • TEEX-0285 Disaster Recovery for Information Systems (AWR176) - Yes
  • TEEX-0286 Information Risk Management (AWR177) - Yes
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • jch
Some people who have older ace credits that have had their "recommended" status expire may want to consider sending their ACE transcripts now and then any courses completed in the future via the new Acclaim way, just in case older, expired course providers aren't going to support the new method. One example would be schmoop credits if someone was transferring to a school that accepts them.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • ss20ts
As for SDC, they've posted these steps to request a Transcript from ACE via Credly ( https://support.study.com/support/soluti...-study-com )

Also it seems that the ACE website removed the text about "The last day to add a course and seek provider approval in the current system is October 31,2020" and under the "Ace Working Transcripts" headline states "If you’ve completed and passed a course or exam that carries ACE recommendations, and your provider has not begun issuing Digital Credentials through Acclaim, then you are eligible to order an official transcript through November 2020 that can be sent securely to an institution of your choice."

I've sent the following to Sophia's Live Chat (granted they are offline right now, so hopefully I'll get an email from them tomorrow)

"With ​​the American Council on Education (​​​ACE) switching to Acclaim digital credential platform. How will one transfer their sophia ACE credits to Acclaim? It seems that currently sophia only has 1 badge on acclaim, so this is a bit of a concern."

I'm wondering if they plan on doing something like SDC and have you send your transcript via Parchment to Acclaim, I guess until I hear back from them, I'll just have to try and rush through as much sophia courses that I can.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (117/120)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540) - 2023
Coursera: 24 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics) 2022-2023
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus) 2020-2022
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government) - 2022
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits - 2021
Sophia.org: 46 Credits - 2020
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits - 2020
B&M College: 105.34 Credits - 2010

Sophia transcripts are readily available on Parchment. They cost $5.25 and are electronically sent very quickly.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 947 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 500 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 822 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 886 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,785 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,518 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,876 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,022 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby