Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
(10-18-2020, 04:04 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 06:23 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Hopefully, Sophia has them all ready to go. Otherwise, a lot of us are going to "lose" a lot of credits come November.

Sophia transcripts are readily available on Parchment. They cost $5.25 and are electronically sent very quickly.

according to rachel83az:
Quote:TESU doesn't accept Sophia via Parchment. Nor do several other schools. If Sophia doesn't go where the other ACE credits go, they may no longer be worth anything to many people on this forum.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Indeed. Neither TESU nor Pierpont currently accept Sophia via Parchment. I know that other schools have been mentioned here but I can't recall which ones. Some do, sure, but others definitely do not.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
This is a really bad news. There should be a testing/trial period for this change to let schools adjust for this new kind of system. Or at least keep the old "ACE Registry and Transcript System" and if needed double the fees but keep it as an option.

Credly (Acclaim) is a private entity and it is just a matter of time they increase their service fees thus affect pricing scheme for Straighterline, Study.com, etc.
Acclaim has the monopoly, and we all know how that works.

I hope institutions look at Mozilla's Open Badges.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nosideedison's post:
  • rachel83az
(10-18-2020, 04:56 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Indeed. Neither TESU nor Pierpont currently accept Sophia via Parchment. I know that other schools have been mentioned here but I can't recall which ones. Some do, sure, but others definitely do not.

They may have to learn to adapt and get with the times. Education is evolving and they need to evolve as well. Parchment is a legit transcript service used by numerous b&m colleges and universities. I find them to be the easiest service to request transcripts through. Their platform is well done. The other 2 I have use could take some lessons on ease of use for on the front-end.
For those of you who have taken CSM, just access https://www.csmlearn.com and log in with your account, hover with your mouse over the certificate button on the upper right corner and click on "My CSM Certificate". This will bring you to a webpage where your can request your badge simply by clicking on a button. I got my badge in seconds.
In progress:  TESU BACS [110/122]
  Completed: ASU Certificate in Applied Business Data Analytics
    Credits: ASU [72] | ALEKS [6] | CSMLearn [3] | InstantCert [3] | Sophia [57] | The Institutes [3] | SDC [30]
[-] The following 2 users Like doom's post:
  • P226mem, sofinel
(10-18-2020, 05:25 PM)doom Wrote: For those of you who have taken CSM, just access https://www.csmlearn.com and log in with your account, hover with your mouse over the certificate button on the upper right corner and click on "My CSM Certificate". This will bring you to a webpage where your can request your badge simply by clicking on a button. I got my badge in seconds.

CSM is great. They streamlined the process months ago before I even knew ACE was switching to Acclaim.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
(10-18-2020, 05:25 PM)doom Wrote: For those of you who have taken CSM, just access https://www.csmlearn.com and log in with your account, hover with your mouse over the certificate button on the upper right corner and click on "My CSM Certificate". This will bring you to a webpage where your can request your badge simply by clicking on a button. I got my badge in seconds.

Thanks for the tip.  On my screen it was not that button, but something in the center of the page when I logged in and then a second click that said "I"ll get it later. Let's Move on".  

and apparently after getting the badge just now, I got to do the course survey. Looks like I forgot to do the survey when I did the course. Finally have access to the career part.  I guess I was so happy to finish and get it on ACE transcript that I didn't look before. Big Grin

thanks for help. Smile
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • doom
Got this email from ACE this morning and thought I would share
The link is here as well: https://elink.clickdimensions.com/m/1/88...02eb7dbd32

TAKE ACTION TODAY

The American Council on Education's (ACE) Learning Evaluations, formerly College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT) is excited to announce the next phase of our new digital badges and free electronic transcripts via Credly’s Acclaim platform. You will soon be able to share evidence of your achievements on social media platforms and have access to your academic credentials without additional approval processes!

[Image: ldsp-smwe-1906-blank-background-660x438-061919.jpg]

[size=undefined]
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW[/size]
  • Current CREDIT transcript services will end November 2020.
  • Digital badges and academic transcripts on Acclaim will now be free for students!
[size=undefined]
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO[/size]
  • Please ensure that you have added any recently completed courses to our current transcript system no later than October 31. This is the last day that participating organizations will have access to approve your request. 
  • You will still be able to order transcripts with approved courses through November 30—please submit your final transcript requests and pay the transcript fee before this date.
[size=undefined]
NEXT STEPS[/size]

• Once your training provider has transitioned to Acclaim, you will receive a notification in your inbox with a link from Acclaim when they issue a badge to you.
  • Once you are issued a badge and have set up your profile, you will have access on the Acclaim platform to order free academic transcripts!
  • If you have additional questions, please contact your training provider. Each provider has a different process during this transition, and they will be able to advise you on when to expect badges to be available.
[size=undefined]
RESOURCES 
You can find additional information on our transcript site or in our frequently asked questions.

[/size]
[-] The following 1 user Likes manmadedrummer's post:
  • ISKBizz15
I'll be putting some of my Sophia classes on hold until I see what's going on with this Credly Acclaim thing. No point working for something that won't transfer over to ACE. Do we know if Sophia is working on adding this badge system? At least SDC, Straighterline, and a couple of other places are switching over.
(10-19-2020, 09:23 AM)echo64 Wrote: I'll be putting some of my Sophia classes on hold until I see what's going on with this Credly Acclaim thing. No point working for something that won't transfer over to ACE. Do we know if Sophia is working on adding this badge system? At least SDC, Straighterline, and a couple of other places are switching over.
You could reach out to Sophia customer support. They usually respond in under a day.

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
CSM(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 8 948 02-02-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: lynnii2
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 501 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 823 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 12 888 09-20-2023, 11:36 AM
  Study.com: Upcoming Changes to Credit-Granting Courses inf 28 3,788 09-19-2023, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,519 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TADA credit NapoleonInRags 16 1,881 05-05-2023, 11:11 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and Sophia Partner College Transcripts? acamp 17 1,820 02-12-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Credit Recommended Professional Cook Certification lumina 5 1,023 01-26-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: bellbaby