Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACTFL OPIc, ACE and TESU
Looking to add in some language courses to complete the Humanities/Social Sciences as well as the General Education section of the TESU BSBA Requirements!

In my attempts to look through this website, I did come across information that the credits provided were specific to the level achieved, but there were certain details remained unclear I was hoping someone with experience might be able to chime in on.

ACE CREDIT
According to the Course Descriptions found on the ACE Credit Registry website, OPIc appears to be divided into the following levels and credits accordingly:
  • Advanced High/Superior :: 12 Credits at 6LL, 6UL
  • Advanced Mid :: 9 Credits at 6LL, 3UL
  • Intermediate High/Advanced Low :: 9 Credits at 9LL
  • Intermediate Mid :: 6 Credits at 6 LL
  • Novice High/Intermediate Low :: 3 Credits at 3LL

Based on this, it seems as though one will get the credits for that specific rank/level without regard to the ranks before it. Example: I scored Intermediate Mid, therefore ACE recommended at 6 Credits at the Lower Level.

Would this come in as a singular course at TESU at a weight of 6 credits, or would it be broken down into Novice 3, Intermediate 3?

Going by this logic, it would break once you hit the Advanced Mid/High Level, but I was wondering if this one test, if scored high enough, would come in as multiple courses to be applied to Gen. Ed Electives as well.

Thank you for your time, DegreeForum colleagues!
Hi Scoriae,

My OPIc, on which I scored at the superior level, was broken down into three 4-credit segments on my TESU evaluation (general ed). ALL upper level...

Hope this helps!
That pretty much cleared it up for me Smile

Thank you for your response! This helps me in planning out my course a bit further, instead of looking forward to a potential song and dance if it came in as one large block.

I did have one follow-up question, however; did you pull it to your ACE Transcript for the specific level you scored at, or did you request all of the lower levels as well?
Glad to have been of help cheersmate I pulled it to my ACE transcript for the specific level I scored at!
Scoriae - What was your language? This doesn't have anything to do with your question, just a question of my own.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Did TESU request a notarized copy of the results? I sent the ACE transcripts but they said they need actual test results, notarized.
Started October 2016

Goal:  Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: General Management  Credits 120/120!!!

Completed:

CLEP: Spanish 80
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Introduction to Statistics, PreCalculus
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Business in Society,  Human Resource Management, Digital Marketing and Advertising, Personal Finance, History of Vietnam, US History I
Teex: Cyber Security 101, 201, and 301. Completed 10/18/16
Straighterline: English Comp I, English Comp II, Intro to Communication, Intro to Religion, Intro to Sociology, American Government, Introduction to Environmental Science, Accounting I, Accounting II, Business Law, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Business Communication Organizational Behavior, Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting 
TECEP: Strategic Management (69%), Security Analysis (84%)
ACTFL:  OPIc Spanish Advanced High/Superior, WPT Spanish Advanced Hgh/Superior
That's awesome, I think you should be able to get 6 credits if that's the score you got.
It'll be broken down to something similar to Language 101 and Language 102 at TESU.
I'm guessing on this, but that's what I think it should come in as... good work BTW!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:That's awesome, I think you should be able to get 6 credits if that's the score you got.
It'll be broken down to something similar to Language 101 and Language 102 at TESU.
I'm guessing on this, but that's what I think it should come in as... good work BTW!

I know that in the past, the ACTFL did not duplicate the CLEP language exams, so not 101/102/201/202. Not sure what the lower level credits will come in as, so please let us know when you submit them for evaluation.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Scoriae - What was your language? This doesn't have anything to do with your question, just a question of my own.

I haven't taken it yet but intend on doing so shortly. I wanted to confirm some details before moving forward. I intend on testing in Korean, as I have lived here for about 5+ years now.
hed1979 Wrote:Did TESU request a notarized copy of the results? I sent the ACE transcripts but they said they need actual test results, notarized.

Thank you for letting me know. I have a scheduled appointment with my TESU Advisor later today, and I will inquire about this! May have saved me a couple hundred with this line alone Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 565 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 6 125 2 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,566 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 613 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 534 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 251 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az