Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ALEKS to CCAF
Alright, my progress report has been updated with my BYU information; however, Maxwell is dragging its feet on crediting the ALEKS credits on an ACE Transcript. No worries, it's surely a course equivalency issue in which case I've taken the preemptive and contacted Fort Hays State University about this dilemma. If there aren't positive results by tomorrow then FHSU will be my next move. I'll keep you posted!
Alright, still no positive results with Maxwell/AU/CCAF on ALEKS; however, I'm not stopping there. I made an inquiry at FHSU about the acceptance of ALEKS credits and was advised to submit a transcript for review. Ergo, I'm going that route and will update with status. I chose FHSU over TESC due to the rave reviews that Straighterline folks have given them on their expedient transcript process.
Any update? I'm think about doing the same thing to finish my CCAF.

Thanks!
AAS Aviation Maintenance Technology CCAF

CLEP
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 67
College Composition Modular/No Essay 62
American Government 56
College Mathematics 53
Introductory Psychology 66
Introductory Sociology 58
Humanities 63
Information Systems and Computer Technology 69
College Composition 54
History of the United States I 63

DSST
Principles of Public Speaking 58
Technical Writing 55
Here's to Your Health 440
A History of the Vietnam War 69
Introduction to Computing 443
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union 54
Ethics in America 433
Western Europe since 1945 46
Principles of Statistics 407
Art of the Western World 50
Introduction to the Modern Middle East 59
Intro to World Religions 437
Civil War and Reconstruction 56
General Anthropology 55
Human Culture and Geography 59
Substance Abuse 465
Environment and Humanity 58
Organizational Behavior 60
r72gsaol Wrote:Any update? I'm think about doing the same thing to finish my CCAF.

Thanks!
For those of you following/subscribed to this thread monitoring the progress thank you. I haven't forgotten about this thread and I'll post updates as soon as they become available. To reiterate, CCAF has not accepted the ALEKS credits on an ACE Transcript. My next step, which was initiated on the 12th, was to submit the transcript to Fort Hays for review. Be advised that Fort Hays is an ACE partner school. Also, CCAF Math requirement is filled with College Algebra and/or Statistics. After FHSU reviews (and hopefully accepts) my ALEKS credits, I plan on submitting my Fort Hays transcript to the CCAF. I have Statistics & College Algebra (ALEKS) on that transcript, so please follow the hyperlink in my previous post because I'm providing answers/status to two questions as once. Please, this process may take some time, be patient and I'll post status! Thanks! Smile
Still waiting. Submitted an email to my adviser requesting information. Calling them live on Monday! :ack: I'll continue to update with status. At this point, I'm pretty convinced that the TESC route might be better. True, it may take a little bit of time; however, you're guaranteed little hassle. Well, that's subjective of course!
As promised, the follow-up from FHSU! I hate to disappoint others who were hopeful of the FHSU route working out, but I received word today that my ACE Transcript was deemed "NON-TRANSFERRABLE". Not the best news of the day, either. The next step is TESC where I'm guaranteed both the credits and a long wait period...:puke:
Ok, after receiving the bad news from FHSU, I'm pressing on! As an ace in the hole, I took the preemptive and transferred them to TESC (sort of anticipating them not to go through @ FHSU). My evaluation has been completed and my Math and Stats classes are on there! Next step, submitting a TESC transcript to the CCAF. I have researched the CCAF requirements and TESC Math-115 aka Intermediate Algebra (ALEKS) meets the Math requirement. I should hear some good news within the next few weeks about my CCAF Degree completion. I will post updates as soon as they become available. Thank you for following my progress up to this point!
Did this ever work? Now that I didn't pass my Math CLEP, I'm thinking about Aleks.....
CLEPS passed:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
American History Part I
English Composition Modular

DANTES passed:
Public Speaking
Organizational Behavior
nylonsmile Wrote:Did this ever work? Now that I didn't pass my Math CLEP, I'm thinking about Aleks.....

Oops, sorry about the delay! I'm still waiting for the CCAF to add my Credit Banked TESC transcripts. I ended up sending the ALEKS courses to TESC and getting them transcribed. TESC submitted the Official Transcript to CCAF on the 20th of last month and I'm expected CCAF to update any time now with those math credits. I intend on getting my BA from TESC, so it was a matter of coming up with the $250. I'll keep you posted![SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
Orimaru1 Wrote:Oops, sorry about the delay! I'm still waiting for the CCAF to add my Credit Banked TESC transcripts. I ended up sending the ALEKS courses to TESC and getting them transcribed. TESC submitted the Official Transcript to CCAF on the 20th of last month and I'm expected CCAF to update any time now with those math credits. I intend on getting my BA from TESC, so it was a matter of coming up with the $250. I'll keep you posted![SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

The official answer (for now) is no. The rationale that was given is that regardless of ALEKS being transferred to TESC, TESC accepting the credits and posting them to a transcript - CCAF is refusing to accept these credits. I tried the ACE Transcript route and they didn't take that either. I'm currently talking with someone who works at the CCAF and I'm gathering more guidance. Chances are high that I might have to attempt the College Math CLEP for the CCAF... Huge headache, but I hope someone is taking valuable information from my journey.:ack:![SIZE="2"][/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,219 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,134 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,884 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,841 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,274 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,792 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,235 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,755 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,308 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan
  BYU Public Speaking and CCAF rcsaint 5 2,027 01-01-2016, 10:43 PM
Last Post: gingerbeefE