Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Affiliate member & study.com
Dumb question, thought I'd put it out there anyway, because I couldn't find a definitive answer elsewhere. On the tesu application where it says to select if you are an employee or member of one of their affiliate organizations, I noticed that study.com is on that list now. I'm pretty certain that being a member of an affiliate org. means working for them in some capacity, not member in the sense of subscription membership, right?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:On the tesu application where it says to select if you are an employee or member of one of their affiliate organizations, I noticed that study.com is on that list now. I'm pretty certain that being a member of an affiliate org. means working for them in some capacity, not member in the sense of subscription membership, right?

If you are a Study.com member, you should select us on the list when you apply to TESU. You will receive preferred pricing because you are a Study.com member, and we have a partnership with TESU :hurray:
Study.com Wrote:If you are a Study.com member, you should select us on the list when you apply to TESU. You will receive preferred pricing because you are a Study.com member, and we have a partnership with TESU :hurray:

Oh wow! That's great! Do you know what the discounted price is?

Would have been good to have that available in September when I registered for (and paid $1500 for) the capstone :p
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:Oh wow! That's great! Do you know what the discounted price is?

Would have been good to have that available in September when I registered for (and paid $1500 for) the capstone :p

Study.com Wrote:If you are a Study.com member, you should select us on the list when you apply to TESU. You will receive preferred pricing because you are a Study.com member, and we have a partnership with TESU :hurray:

Also, what do people who have already applied and are working on their degree through TESU do to get their account updated for the partner pricing?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Great questions! I would direct them to Thomas Edison's support team, as they will be best equipped to answer questions about how the tuition reductions apply to your account. It will be unique to each person.
Study.com Wrote:Great questions! I would direct them to Thomas Edison's support team, as they will be best equipped to answer questions about how the tuition reductions apply to your account. It will be unique to each person.

Thank you! Looking forward to hearing the update!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Awesome! Thanks for the response! You guys get 5+ stars for customer service. 
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
Received a reply from the Registrar's office:

Quote:Study.com has an in state rate of $366 per credit and an out of state rate of $474 [sic] they are required to have the 16 hours of residency and no cornerstone is required. The residency waiver would $1800 for this group [sic].
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Mamasaphire Wrote:Received a reply from the Registrar's office:

Quote:Study.com has an in state rate of $366 per credit and an out of state rate of $474 [sic] they are required to have the 16 hours of residency and no cornerstone is required. The residency waiver would $1800 for this group [sic].

Not bad. A 5% discount off tuition, 10% off the residency waiver, and waiving the cornerstone right off the bat. Beats a sharp stick in the eye. Now we just have to find out if people can add the affiliation to an existing enrollment.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I am already paid and set to graduate in March, so unfortunately can't try adding it to my account, but yes, that would be great if it could be added to active/existing enrollments!
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 7 206 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,525 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,642 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,455 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 766 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 375 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,049 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,926 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 598 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 318 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue