Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patten MBA in 4 months???
Thanks so much! I really need to get this done Smile

iwant2stalku Wrote:I most certainly do. Completing all my degrees has made me a time and organization freak. I had a printed paper calendar, where I X'd out holidays and numbered every day of the term and the 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 points and which classes I needed to be in at those points to be "on target". I also should have crossed out the last two weeks because, as I later found out from my adviser, they WILL NOT enroll you if you have less than two weeks left in your term. Thankfully, I had more than that left when I enrolled in Investment Analysis.

I attached the spreadsheet I used to keep track of my days in each class. Finance #1 and #2 are because I failed the project the first time and had to resubmit it. Global Economy and Investment Analysis had two projects and no Final Exams. I left my projections (best case=green and worst case=red) for when I anticipated I would be in each class. I was trying to redo MBA Foundations since I had a B in that class and really wanted a 4.0, but ended up with a B in Investment Analysis too and there just wasn't any time left in the term to be re-enrolled in anything else. Again, I'm not complaining here, I'm just an over-achiever. In case you haven't noticed...

The basic strategy is to get in the course, get the project completed as fast as you can. More specifically, do the highest quality project you can do just in case you screw up on your final exam AND do it as fast as you can. The projects all require extensive research. Papers and case studies are usually around 10-15 pages and APA formatted. Study, read through the textbook, do the pre final and final while you are waiting for your grade to come back. It was an insane amount of work for four months. About halfway through I wanted to quit. I was so tired, between all the studying and the baby still waking every 2-3 hours to eat at night, and my brain was so fried. You can choose to make excuses or you can find a way to make it work and keep pushing.

I'm excited, but in a way, kind of ashamed that I got it done that fast. Only my closest friends and family (and of course this thread) know that I did it in four months. My main fear now is that people will think it was a diploma scheme and I didn't really work to make it happen since it was completed so quickly and most people take years to finish. The truth is (not including my Finance re-submission) my average turnaround for projects is 3.92 days. Most of them were A's. Several were above 95%, one was 100%. I am actively looking to go back to work, so when employers ask about it, I just say I have it and give the GPA if they ask for it and then talk about what I studied.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

I'm counting out my days now... making a schedule... I'll probably start back up again in March... determined to finish in 4 months!
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Does someone happen to know how many transfer credits Patten will accept for the MBA program? The Standard for RA schools is 6 credits, but I just thought I'd ask.
Up to 6.

https://support.patten.edu/entries/24116...r-credits-
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thought so, thanks.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest online masters degree under 12 months Sdmj33 30 9,158 12-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
  Upgrad/SSBM Geneva - Global DBA - 36 months, $11K USD bjcheung77 10 3,086 04-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Finishing my Bachelors- I have 16 months of my GI Bill Left for a Masters Kerrihoran 2 991 12-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Kerrihoran
  MBA - WGU vs. JFK (Patten) sanantone 7 1,915 09-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Masters Help Patten Replacement armstrongsubero 12 2,661 06-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months amilitab4k9 15 4,035 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: amilitab4k9
  Patten University Closing chorizo 9 5,867 07-25-2018, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Patten University MBA Finishers? RANSOMSOUL 20 7,928 07-03-2018, 11:41 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Master in Computer Information Technology at NAU (Competency based, 3k per 6 months) posabsolute 7 3,581 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: mednat
  Patten MBA Review study0019 12 4,065 05-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Last Post: jsd