Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any of the big three accept ITT-Tech credits?
I have a Associates degree from ITT-Tech in Computer Network Systems and about 30 additional credits from CC, CLEP, and University.

I'm looking for the quickest path to a Bachelor degree with the intent to enroll in an MBA program.

Do any of the big 3 or UMIP accept ITT-Tech credit transfers? Anyone have any experience with this?
I think it was NA, which means TESU and COSC won't take credits. EC will take NA credits, so that's really your only option.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
ITT-Tech was nationally accredited. That puts TESU, COSC, and UMPI right out. Excelsior accepts (some) NA credits. I can't remember if WGU accepts NA credits or not (I don't think so).

Even so, the fastest path to a Bachelor's degree might be to leverage your CC, CLEP, and university credits with Sophia to get a degree from UMPI, completely ignoring ITT-Tech. Exactly what credits do you have? That makes a difference. List them in the format in this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid335173
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Your Location: Texas
Your Age: 30
What kind of degree do you want?: Business or Information Technology

Current Regional Accredited Credits: 15

State University - Total Credits: 3
  • - Biology

Community College - Total Credits: 12
  • - Programming I
  • - Programming II
  • - English I
  • - Speech

CLEP: 15
  • Infosystems
  • Sociology
  • History I
  • History II
  • Marketing

Any certifications or military experience? CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CISA

ETA: THANKS!!!
Okay, actually, WGU does accept NA degrees. https://www.wgu.edu/admissions/transfers.html

Quote:If you hold an Associate of Arts (AA) or Associate of Science (AS) degree from an institution that is recognized as nationally or regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education, you should clear all or many of the lower-division requirements for a bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology.

Quote:If you earned an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or other applied associate’s degree, you may be able to clear a significant portion of WGU's lower-division degree requirements.

WGU would possibly be the fastest way to get an IT degree. UMPI would be the fastest/easiest way to get a business degree.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • texsec
https://www.state.nj.us/highereducation/...e-2016.pdf

You can try to PLA credits with TESU, but nothing will transfer directly to them. It's almost certainly not worth it though.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
PLA isn't really worth it. Too expensive and time-consuming compared to just taking the required credits for a Comp Sci or BSBA CIS degree. And you can't get an IT degree at TESU using alternate credits.

Pick a degree/school and we can help you to plan what you need to do.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I don't know if this applies to your situation, but WGU was accepting ITT transfer students who couldn't finish their degrees when the school closed, and I think COSC still does. You'd be fine at WGU, regardless.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • texsec
(07-22-2021, 02:52 PM)rachel83az Wrote: PLA isn't really worth it. Too expensive and time-consuming compared to just taking the required credits for a Comp Sci or BSBA CIS degree. And you can't get an IT degree at TESU using alternate credits.

Pick a degree/school and we can help you to plan what you need to do.
Thanks!

I'll explore transfer options at the WGU/Excelsior through their sites/application process, but would love to know more about UMPI business degree using my non-ITT credits. Can you help me map out what the fastest way of achieving this would be with my current credits?
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222 is a good place to start. Your programming courses would be electives. Your biology course probably won't count because it's only 3 credits instead of 4. So you'd still need to do Biology 101L at Study.com. All degrees require at least 3 credits of a foreign language. Spanish through InstantCert would be the easiest way. Unless you already speak French, then you'd do the French CLEP. Don't take English Comp II at Sophia, it's much easier at UMPI.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 4 124 3 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 1 58 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 120 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,383 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 398 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 923 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  I finished my degree but still need 26 credits to graduate??? jesssem 8 605 02-26-2024, 12:04 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Good amount of credits, what to do next? khon 2 349 01-23-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Need Help On How To Get Credit for ACE/NCCRS Credits eyrobinson 4 423 01-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Associate degree in CJ: easiest path with no prior credits? CM1999 2 262 01-11-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley