Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the electives or cornerstone waived if you already have a BA
Hi guys, I am thinking of using my COVID quarantine to start the process of getting a BSBA in preparation for doing an MBA in the next few years.  Right now im thinking of starting a Sophia course since they are free right now. 

In your experience, what do the big three waive if you already hold a BA.  Is there any point in me going thru English Composition when I already have a Masters degree ?  Do I have to do the cornerstone ?
LOL, if you already have a degree, the English Comp and general education/free electives are pretty much all waived. You'll be transferring them in. The only thing you need is at least 24-30 credits (depending on the school) in a new area of study. The logical progression is generally from a Bachelors to a Masters. Since you already have a Bachelors and a Masters, the next progression would be a bridge program into the MBA vs doing a new degree unless you really want to. Do you know which MBA program you're targeting?

Now in regards to Sophia.org, I wouldn't waste time on any of those courses unless you haven't taken anything remotely close to them. So, for me, I grabbed about 7-8 courses that don't already duplicate my previous credits from them, I signed since I didn't take those previous course and it would benefit me. Example (and it would work for you - so I grabbed these), I haven't taken Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I & II, Conflict Resolution, Project Management, Visual Communications, (I also grabbed Intro to IT just to test my knowledge in the subject again, I finished that course rather quickly).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you want to do an MBA in the next few years, you do NOT need a BSBA, and I wouldn't waste my money getting one. Instead, prior to applying for your MBA, find a school that will take you without a BSBA, and take anything that they require as a pre-req (if they do). So I would take business core courses through Sophia (they only have a few) and then wait for a while to take anything else.

There's just no sense spending time and money on a degree that you don't need, IMHO.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something "fun" for free credits/electives amberwalk 5 1,513 08-20-2019, 07:00 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Easiest way to get electives?? studyandpass5 9 2,027 05-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Computer Information Systems AOS Electives mofutofu 5 2,374 06-28-2018, 01:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need AA quick, stuck on Cornerstone SumCes 24 4,518 05-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: SumCes
  "Free electives" and extra classes MNomadic 11 2,836 05-10-2018, 02:14 PM
  general ed waived? a2jc4life 7 1,473 01-29-2018, 10:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free electives question Chef945 7 2,636 10-07-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: NHarr01
  Cornerstone liberal arts Ep2016 12 1,583 03-03-2017, 05:19 PM
  Accounting Electives Help xbrad2 1 625 11-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  TESU Principles of Supervision - for General Electives?? Al2010x 8 1,409 04-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Al2010x