Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest way to get electives??
I'm gearing up to take the French CLEP in 2 weeks. It's been pretty tough so far, so if I should fail the exam, what are the easiest ways to test out of 9 credits of electives for TESU BSBA CIS? 
I was thinking American Lit CLEP, History of the Vietnam War (SDC, heard this one was super easy), but I'm not sure what the other one would be. Any thoughts? I've already completed a lot of the CLEPs, so it would have to be from some other provider. 

Thanks!!
(05-29-2019, 05:30 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: I'm gearing up to take the French CLEP in 2 weeks. It's been pretty tough so far, so if I should fail the exam, what are the easiest ways to test out of 9 credits of electives for TESU BSBA CIS? 
I was thinking American Lit CLEP, History of the Vietnam War (SDC, heard this one was super easy), but I'm not sure what the other one would be. Any thoughts? I've already completed a lot of the CLEPs, so it would have to be from some other provider. 

Thanks!!

Did you do the free sophia courses. It's only two credits but it's so easy. Also I heard the TEEX ones (not the free ones, but the $45 and $75 ones) are really easy too.

And if we are talking test outs I found the Human Resources DSST pretty easy and since you already are going for a business degree, I imagine the intro to business DSST would be pretty easy as well.
Just in case you're not familiar with the free (and almost free) credit list here, I thought I'd drop the link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

This is assuming you're going to one of the Big 3 (you're going to TESU, if I'm not mistaken?), but if you're going elsewhere then they might not accept these. Edit: just saw you specifically said TESU, my bad.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • tinyham
(05-29-2019, 07:49 PM)jsd Wrote: Just in case you're not familiar with the free (and almost free) credit list here, I thought I'd drop the link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

This is assuming you're going to one of the Big 3 (you're going to TESU, if I'm not mistaken?), but if you're going elsewhere then they might not accept these. Edit: just saw you specifically said TESU, my bad.

Are the free TEEX courses still accepted by TESU? I was thinking for some reason that TESU stopped taking these or they were no longer ACE approved.

These are DHS/FEMA funded and therefore free for the general public to take.

• Cyber 101 - Cybersecurity for Everyone (4 credits)

• Cyber 201 - Cybersecurity for IT Professionals (3 credits)

• Cyber 301 - Cybersecurity for Business Professionals (3 credits)
They were just recently renewed for ACE approval within the past couple weeks, and now evaluated for more credit. There's a recent thread about it somewhere around here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

You didn't say whether it was GE Electives, or Free Electives. Many of the free stuff won't work in GE, so make sure you're taking the right courses before you do them (like the DSST's mentioned won't count as GE, many of the TEEX courses won't either, one of the Sophia courses won't, etc.).

I would pick and area of interest and do that. Like, if you're going to be doing the LL Vietnam War course on Study.com, you might want to take the UL one as well (although it would mean writing a paper I think). But it's VERY short, and some will overlap with the LL course. If you like history, choose another history.

If you haven't taken COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Work Place, that's short. MAT 102: College Mathematics would be easy if you've already taken College Algebra, and you can take a placement test to help shorten it. HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction is fairly short. BUS 109: Intro to Computing is short. REL 101: Intro to World Religions is fairly short & has a placement test.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
Good catch, I wasn't thinking GE.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(05-29-2019, 09:57 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You didn't say whether it was GE Electives, or Free Electives.  Many of the free stuff won't work in GE, so make sure you're taking the right courses before you do them (like the DSST's mentioned won't count as GE, many of the TEEX courses won't either, one of the Sophia courses won't, etc.).

I would pick and area of interest and do that.  Like, if you're going to be doing the LL Vietnam War course on Study.com, you might want to take the UL one as well (although it would mean writing a paper I think).  But it's VERY short, and some will overlap with the LL course.  If you like history, choose another history.

If you haven't taken COM 120: Presentation Skills in the Work Place, that's short.  MAT 102: College Mathematics would be easy if you've already taken College Algebra, and you can take a placement test to help shorten it.  HIS 106: The Civil War & Reconstruction is fairly short.  BUS 109: Intro to Computing is short.  REL 101: Intro to World Religions is fairly short & has a placement test.

I believe I need 3 credits in GE electives and 6 credits in free electives. Thanks for mentioning this; I wasn't aware that it would make a difference.
(05-29-2019, 09:29 PM)jsd Wrote: They were just recently renewed for ACE approval within the past couple weeks, and now evaluated for more credit. There's a recent thread about it somewhere around here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Can someone explain the free TEEX courses? Upon looking at ACE, it says the following (Cybersecurity for Everyone): 4 semester hours in cybersecurity. Students must complete TEEX-0277, TEEX-0278, and TEEX-0279 to receive credit for this course. (12/18).
The other courses listed are Cyber Law and White Collar Crime, Cyber Ethics, and Information Security for Everyone. Are these the 3 divisions within the Cybersecurity for Everyone course?
It depends how you want the credit, if you don't really care and just need the free electives, I would do the courses and get the credit for Cyber 101, 201, 301 and get a total of 10 credits. If you need specific credits, such as the 1 UL, then you can get ACE credit by completing sections of each course and getting credit for them - see here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...light=TEEX
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quickest and Easiest Way to Boost GPA for State College aetosdios 12 1,209 08-02-2023, 12:09 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Cheapest? Easiest? RA degree(s) in USA? omicreativedev 18 1,980 01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,116 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  Are the electives or cornerstone waived if you already have a BA Dowew 2 1,242 03-29-2020, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Something "fun" for free credits/electives amberwalk 5 1,533 08-20-2019, 07:00 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  easiest way to earn a degree from home...? gingermama 14 3,504 07-18-2019, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Stanislav
  Easiest calculus exam? udi 8 3,098 06-01-2019, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  TESU Computer Information Systems AOS Electives mofutofu 5 2,405 06-28-2018, 01:21 AM
  "Free electives" and extra classes MNomadic 11 2,868 05-10-2018, 02:14 PM
  Easiest way to satisfy 3 unit math requirement Excelsior? rab889 6 2,192 03-15-2018, 09:17 AM
Last Post: davewill