Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associate's Degrees!
Because there has been a lot of talk here lately about associate's degrees and which one is the best/right, I have added a relevant page to the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/As...7s_Degrees

Of special note, I did some digging and found a competency-based AS degree at regionally-accredited Snow College. The cost of this degree is currently $1743 per semester for US-residents. If you can get your degree in a single semester (not out of the realm of possibility for people in this forum) that hands-down beats any other degree I've seen aside from Pierpont.  This degree is also open to high school students. 

If you are an international student, Snow College is unfortunately $6650 per semester.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • MNomadic, nomaduser
Thank you for posting this!
Actually, that's a really good find! Free application, all mastered/passed courses are an "A." Seems like a good opportunity to rack up a lot of RA credits cheap while getting an AS. 

Edit to add: and they have a free demo account so you can preview the classes ahead of time. Seems like a great opportunity.

More info on transfer policies. It seems they're open to the concept of prior learning and some non RA credits being transferred in. Interestingly they want military members to submit a DD214 for transfer credit which doesn't make any sense when Joint service transcript or CCAF transcript would make way more sense. Also, residency requirement for the AS degree appears to be 21 credits.

https://www.snow.edu/catalog/graduation.html
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • rachel83az
If you can do it in one semester, that's about $30 per credit. And it brings a bachelor's from COSC back down to the same level as TESU/Excelsior even if you don't already have RA credits. $1743 + $3479 = $5222. Fill out the rest with cheap credits from SDC/SL and it's potentially the lowest-cost option once again.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(10-13-2020, 04:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Because there has been a lot of talk here lately about associate's degrees and which one is the best/right, I have added a relevant page to the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/As...7s_Degrees

Of special note, I did some digging and found a competency-based AS degree at regionally-accredited Snow College. The cost of this degree is currently $1743 per semester for US-residents. If you can get your degree in a single semester (not out of the realm of possibility for people in this forum) that hands-down beats any other degree I've seen aside from Pierpont.  This degree is also open to high school students. 

If you are an international student, Snow College is unfortunately $6650 per semester.

Hi Rachel,

I checked their website at https://www.snow.edu/admissions/cost.html
I can't find any reference for the "$1743 per semester for US-residents" what's indicated on their website is the $1,743 is only for Utah residents.
For the Non-Utah resident Tuition it's $6,365
(10-15-2020, 07:26 PM)nosideedison Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 04:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Because there has been a lot of talk here lately about associate's degrees and which one is the best/right, I have added a relevant page to the wiki: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/As...7s_Degrees

Hi Rachel,

I can't find any reference for the "$1743 per semester for US-residents" what's indicated on their website is the $1,743 is only for Utah residents.

You have to check the specific site for their competency based program to see that pricing structure(not a good design):

https://online.snow.edu/
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • nosideedison
It's definitely not a good design. I don't even think that there's an obvious link from the main site to the competency-based program that they offer. I wound up stumbling on it with a random Google search just as I was about to decide that there was no such thing as a competency-based associate degree (either NA or RA). I'd actually spent a couple of days looking because associate degrees been a recurring topic here over the past few months.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nosideedison
(10-15-2020, 08:07 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 07:26 PM)nosideedison Wrote:

Hi Rachel,

You have to check the specific site for their competency based program to see that pricing structure(not a good design):

https://online.snow.edu/

Wonderful thank you very much! They hid it very well.

(10-16-2020, 02:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's definitely not a good design. I don't even think that there's an obvious link from the main site to the competency-based program that they offer. I wound up stumbling on it with a random Google search just as I was about to decide that there was no such thing as a competency-based associate degree (either NA or RA). I'd actually spent a couple of days looking because associate degrees been a recurring topic here over the past few months.

I think that they don't want to advertise their discounted promo pricing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nosideedison's post:
  • rachel83az
Looks like they updated the old website.

" Utah Residents (all ages): $2,500 $1,743 per 4-month semester
Non-Utah Residents (all ages): $6,365 per 4-month semester
International Students (all ages): $6,650 per 4-month semester"

Sad
(11-06-2020, 03:16 AM)ashkir Wrote: Looks like they updated the old website.

"    Utah Residents (all ages): $2,500 $1,743 per 4-month semester
   Non-Utah Residents (all ages): $6,365 per 4-month semester
   International Students (all ages): $6,650 per 4-month semester"

Sad

I just talked to someone there, there are scholarships available that make it $1743 for out-of-state students as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont --- Associate degree question midnite123 17 1,394 11-28-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont and other WV BOG degrees may be in danger rachel83az 9 1,000 09-27-2023, 03:13 AM
Last Post: funknola
  Any other Associate Degrees online besides Pierpont? mohelena02 19 3,555 08-31-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Can I get a Pierpont associate degree entirely from Sophia courses? whiverem 42 3,871 06-11-2023, 01:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Outlier : Associate (GGU) or Credit Course (Uni Pittsburgh) tuckerarabi786 33 3,234 01-08-2023, 09:51 AM
Last Post: tuckerarabi786
  Outlier Launches Associate Degrees harrypotter 32 4,047 10-14-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Competency Based Associate Degree harrypotter 31 5,344 04-09-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Can credits used for an associate's also be used for a bachelors? bdarei 16 4,075 02-13-2022, 12:18 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Top Associate Degrees rachel83az 11 1,457 02-05-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Has anyone gotten a second associate after Pierpont CTC AAS? Skirtlet 8 1,272 12-22-2021, 10:52 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso