Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help, Please. Testing Out and Information Overload
(04-15-2019, 04:11 PM)degreeguy Wrote: Finished the Sophia courses on a second monitor while at work today. 2 credits down, 91 to go. I'm going to assume that those Sophia courses I took today are by far as easy as it will get, safe assumption?

Would like to knock another two courses down in the next 2-3 days.

Can I use the two courses recommended above (study.com Library science 101 & study.com presentation skills in workplace) for GE electives? Going to sign up for Study.com and get going tonight after I help the wife put the kids to bed.

Also, want to sign up for the Cornerstone, elected for the per credit plan as I only intend on taking two courses at TESU. In there student portal, where would I find SOS-110 (what subject, etc.?)? Their portal is isn't very user friendly, at least for now... According to the dates, I can get in for late registration for a 12 week term from 5/6 until 7/28.

Also, if I am going to try and get an MBA from Baruch in the NYC after my BSBA from TESU, I assume having some grades (along with a strong GMAT and solid recommendations) is important.

Doesn't everything coming in from Study.com come in as a pass/fail? How will that be viewed on an application?

And to add -reading through this forum, can I take free courses at Teex? I believe I can pick up 10 credits there? Should I register for an official ACE account for transcript documents.

Anyone with knowledge on any of my questions chiming in would be greatly appreciated!

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit

From the second link in this thread, can I use all of those credits? How does this free program work, do I have to pay for a proctor or anything else fee related?

Anything you take that is not at a college or university will be CR/NC and not have a GPA. If you need a GPA you need to take actual courses.

The study.com presentation skills will count for your speech requirement.

Also, once you finish the Sophia courses you should get a coupon for $50 off. Use it and get "student success" for free. Additionally, right now there is a code TESUTHREE gets you three sophia courses for $297. Sophia courses are pretty easy, I'm taking a few right now they are more difficult than the free ones but not much and they are more modules and questions. If you liked the format then try some more Sophia courses, act quickly the coupon expires on the 18th.

TESU courses start every month. There are twelve terms a year one starting each month, but each term lasts twelve weeks. You can't register until you've been accepted.
I already enrolled and was accepted last week. I selected my plan of pay per credit today and sent my transcript over today as well. I want to enroll in the Cornerstone class ASAP, late registration ends on May 6th for the May start.

Thanks for the info on the Sophia courses, I'll make those my first 3 and sign up now, then I'll do the study.com classes.

What are 3 of the quickest/easiest classes anyone would recommend on Sophia for GE requirements?

I'm following the plan dfrecore outlined in the 2nd post of this thread... Can I use the TEEX classes for 6 credits? Are there any fees to calculate on that (transfer fee/proctor fee/etc)?

ETA: It is showing me $99 off on Sophia and the average course is over $300 each, still way more expensive than sdc. Where are you getting $297 for 3 courses?
(04-15-2019, 09:22 PM)degreeguy Wrote: I already enrolled and was accepted last week. I selected my plan of pay per credit today and sent my transcript over today as well. I want to enroll in the Cornerstone class ASAP, late registration ends on May 6th for the May start.

Thanks for the info on the Sophia courses, I'll make those my first 3 and sign up now, then I'll do the study.com classes.

What are 3 of the quickest/easiest classes anyone would recommend on Sophia for GE requirements?

I'm following the plan dfrecore outlined in the 2nd post of this thread... Can I use the TEEX classes for 6 credits? Are there any fees to calculate on that (transfer fee/proctor fee/etc)?

ETA: It is showing me $99 off on Sophia and the average course is over $300 each, still way more expensive than sdc. Where are you getting $297 for 3 courses?

First use your $50 off code sent via email for the student success course making it free don't do that course as part of the three since it will be free anyways.

Then in a separate order you have to enter the code TESUTHREE at checkout and yes it is a super good deal.

Here is how the courses transfer to TESU. Take your pick.

https://tesu.sophia.org/

Accounting, macroeconomics, microeconomics and College Algebra are required for the BSBA. Any of those would be good choices.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pre-Med Help in Testing Out Emily-NYC 16 1,392 09-19-2023, 02:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where is the TESU RA Information Located? virino 3 460 12-17-2022, 07:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degree plans for health information technology bcameau1 4 998 03-29-2022, 11:38 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Information Systems Minor question davemodular 4 917 09-24-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Please help with plan for BS in Information Technology andrers 3 817 06-29-2021, 08:20 AM
  Purdue Global BS in Information Technology Plan Needs Review 9yeire 12 2,370 03-14-2021, 01:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Business degree through testing? Lailalopez81 12 1,790 02-25-2021, 08:12 PM
  information technology BA Nourhan 7 997 02-03-2021, 11:04 AM
  DSST & Uexcel Advice -- Limited Exams & Testing Availability vanglorious 2 835 09-25-2020, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Excelsior liberal arts degree plan using Clep or other testing methods rsims123 5 1,440 05-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Last Post: ctcarl