Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA in Computer Information Systems
bs13 Wrote:May I know how did you submit your A+,Sec+ transcripts to TESC? Do we need to request certification vendor to mail the transcripts to TESC?

Yes, you go to the CompTIA site. You have to release your certs to your employer/school and it will send them the email. However, when I did this, they required me to also send them a screenshot of my CompTIA profile page, showing my name and information like CompTIA ID# etc. They also required I scan and send them copies of all of my certs. It honestly made no sense to me and I was slightly disappointed with the lack of "consistency" I received from that department.

Like chiquitacobbe said...if you have a notarized copy of your certs, they will take that as well. Seems kind of dumb for a certification....since I have applied to 4 other schools and have used this for employer verification and they all took the certification release process that CompTIA has built in.
ConflagrateCarl

Some are destined to fix, what others strive to destroy. - CD

AAS - Applied Computer Studies
TESC
In Progress - Request for Graduation Submitted!

BSBA - Computer Information Systems
TESC
"Official Goal" - Fall 2014

BS Information Technology - Security
WGU
"Potential Goal" - Fall 2014

Certifications
Cisco - CCNA
EC-Council - C|EH, C|NDA
Microsoft - MCP
CompTIA - A+, Network +, Security+
chiquitacobbe Wrote:They wouldn't accept my MCP at TESC. It needs to come from ACE and there is no way to get (at least one that I know of) the MCP certificate to show up on an ACE transcript. If you find a way please share.

I mailed them a notarized copy of A+ certification and they accepted that.

That was my understanding as well. I guess I will just have to live with it. When I applied to WGU, they were pretty much going to take everything. But then they found out I was overseas and they wouldn't make an exception for me so I couldn't go to the school. :/
ConflagrateCarl

TESC

TESC

WGU

Certifications
Cisco - CCNA
EC-Council - C|EH, C|NDA
Microsoft - MCP
By the way,

I'm still 100% confused by this whole course comparison situation. For instance, I found out that Straighterline has BUS-102 (Law), which should meet the req's for TESC's LAW-201 Business Law course. PennFoster also has a law course, BUS-213, which looks like it would work as well. For English Comp II, I can either TECEP or take the Straighterline ENG-102 course, or so it would seem. So my goal is:

Straighterline: ENG-102, BUS-102

The problem is I also need MAN-373 for Managerial Communications, which is an upper-level undergrad course, and I can't seem to find a corresponding course by either Straighterline or PennFoster. Maybe I'm just blind or dumb, but it's starting to annoy me, haha. Smile

Along with those, I will take SOS-110 Living in the Information Age from TESC for the added credit to finish out my AAS. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find the MAN-373 equivalent for TESC, without having to take their course? Thanks in advance!!
ConflagrateCarl

TESC

TESC

WGU

Certifications
Cisco - CCNA
EC-Council - C|EH, C|NDA
Microsoft - MCP
ConflagrateCarl Wrote:Does anyone have any ideas on where I can find the MAN-373 equivalent for TESC, without having to take their course? Thanks in advance!!

I am trying to find thing. I am looking at taking the remainder of my BSBA Computer degree all at Penn Foster and ALEKS. But I can't find anything for that MAN-373 course. Hopefully someone can lend some info.

Actually I just saw this on the WIKI page COM300 Business Communications – SL\ACE from Bricabrac's BSBA in General Management degree plan.

So maybe Straighterline????? Can anyone comfirm this?
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems - ~TBD~ (currently working toward)
TESC AAS Applied Computer Studies - September 2013 (finished in June 2013)

GENERAL EDUCATION
SL English Comp I/II ~Intro to Sociology
ALEKS ~Intermedia Algebra~College Algebra
CLEP Spanish 12cr (72)

COMPUTER career track
B&M 9 credits (computer classes)
CompTIA N+ A+ 4cr (core)
TEEX Cyber security courses 4cr (core)
DSST Intro to Computers 3cr (435)
PENN FOSTER Computer Applications 3cr

BUSINESS
TEEX Cyber security course 2cr (MAN-299)

ELECTIVES
FEMA 18cr
(PDS certificate)
The requirement is managerial or business communications.
BSBA in Computer Information Systems Degree Program

Straighterline's business communications transcribes as COM-300 at TESC.
EquivalencySearchResults

That is why I made the complete test out/Straighterline plan for the BSBA in General Management.
Sanantone's BSBA General Management - Degree Forum Wiki

Unlike the personal plans that only show one option for each requirement and are also out of date, my plan attempts to show all of the options for each BSBA requirement and it's been updated to reflect the new changes. I also listed two other options for business/managerial communications.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:The requirement is managerial or business communications.
BSBA in Computer Information Systems Degree Program

Straighterline's business communications transcribes as COM-300 at TESC.
EquivalencySearchResults

That is why I made the complete test out/Straighterline plan for the BSBA in General Management.
Sanantone's BSBA General Management - Degree Forum Wiki

Unlike the personal plans that only show one option for each requirement and are also out of date, my plan attempts to show all of the options for each BSBA requirement and it's been updated to reflect the new changes. I also listed two other options for business/managerial communications.

So...you're pretty much like an angel then? Lol. Thanks soooo much for this. Wow! This is beyond helpful, it's lifesaving. Cheers! I owe you a....something. Big Grin
ConflagrateCarl

TESC

TESC

WGU

Certifications
Cisco - CCNA
EC-Council - C|EH, C|NDA
Microsoft - MCP
First, you are just starting out and already doing all the right things. Awesome job. And you are working from a FOB? Been there done that brother, keep your head down.

Second, I went down the BSBA CIS road as well and you and I have similar backgrounds wrt transfer credits. I took several courses at TESC, they are pretty easy if you can put words together and throw a lot of external references around. For example, for my business capstone final paper last term I just went through the textbook and made sure my paper (recommendation on business expansion into a foreign market) addressed all the main topics, models, etc. that were covered. I included probably way more external references than really necessary, but it was enough for an A from a happy mentor. To be honest, the business courses made me want to claw my eyes out with the inane discussions, whereas in the computer science courses I'm having *fun* so far.

Third, you might want to check out the wiki (link below in sig) as well as the TESC equivalency lists. The lists were last updated in 2011 I believe.

http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equ...Course.pdf

http://degreeplanners.com/media/TESC_Equivalencies.pdf

Keep up the great work. Smile
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Information Literacy mysonx3 2 2,226 09-01-2018, 12:43 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Computer Concepts CIS-107 sambeaux 3 1,964 09-01-2018, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,037 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,670 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,291 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,022 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,502 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,149 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU Help planning exams for ASNSM in Computer Science theveganmaker 3 1,545 07-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: theveganmaker