Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bragging - Degree Completion
(11-20-2019, 06:36 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 06:34 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

I'll be working on the TESU BSBA and WGU MS-CSIA concurrently.  I already started the TESU degree, and I won't be starting the MS-CSIA until January, so I should be able to squeeze 3-4 classes in on the TESU degree during that gap in December.  I only have 9 classes to go for the BSBA.  Once you remove the two that you have to take through TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone), I will be doing two TECEPS and five classes from SDC.  I will likely push the SOS-110 and capstone courses out until sometime after April so I can use my tax refund to pay for those two instead of having them hit the normal monthly budget.  The timing for those two courses is also dependent on when I have to take the CEH and CHFI certifications.  I will likely have to focus solely on those two certifications instead of splitting time between schools during that time frame.

I was originally considering WGU for the MBA, but I may change my mind at take it at Fayetteville State University.  The program at Fayetteville State costs about the same as WGU, but it is AACSB certified instead of ACBSP and it's my understanding that AACSB is the better of the two.  And Fayetteville State is only a ten minute drive from my home should I ever desire to speak to a professor in person.  But, I won't be doing the MBA until 2021, so I have plenty of time to consider the pros and cons of each.

And this was your first B?

Yes, and I don't have an associate degree, so this was a big personal goal for me.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(11-20-2019, 06:41 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 06:36 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 06:34 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

I'll be working on the TESU BSBA and WGU MS-CSIA concurrently.  I already started the TESU degree, and I won't be starting the MS-CSIA until January, so I should be able to squeeze 3-4 classes in on the TESU degree during that gap in December.  I only have 9 classes to go for the BSBA.  Once you remove the two that you have to take through TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone), I will be doing two TECEPS and five classes from SDC.  I will likely push the SOS-110 and capstone courses out until sometime after April so I can use my tax refund to pay for those two instead of having them hit the normal monthly budget.  The timing for those two courses is also dependent on when I have to take the CEH and CHFI certifications.  I will likely have to focus solely on those two certifications instead of splitting time between schools during that time frame.

I was originally considering WGU for the MBA, but I may change my mind at take it at Fayetteville State University.  The program at Fayetteville State costs about the same as WGU, but it is AACSB certified instead of ACBSP and it's my understanding that AACSB is the better of the two.  And Fayetteville State is only a ten minute drive from my home should I ever desire to speak to a professor in person.  But, I won't be doing the MBA until 2021, so I have plenty of time to consider the pros and cons of each.

And this was your first B?

Yes, and I don't have an associate degree, so this was a big personal goal for me.

That's great, and your are getting the hang of this whole degree game. Best of luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • jamshid666
Congratulations! Jamshid,

since you just recently graduated at WGU, Like you, I plan to do the BS NOS degree, I am scheduled to start at WGU on Jan 1, 2020. I would like to request for your guidance on this thread:
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pid=299756

I'm on the crossroads if I should take some the remaining GenEds and AOS at SDC before I officially start at WGU.
Or if its better to save money and just take it at WGU since it would be covered with Pell Grant.

I can definitely push back my start date base on the recommendations.

Thank you and Congratulations Again!
Congratulations!

It's not entirely clear, but wasn't there at least an inkling that TESU will waive SOS-110 if you already have a Bachelor's? Is it possible you might not have to take that?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-20-2019, 07:34 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: Congratulations!

It's not entirely clear, but wasn't there at least an inkling that TESU will waive SOS-110 if you already have a Bachelor's? Is it possible you might not have to take that?

It's quite possible, and I hope it is the case.  If so, then I will be able to finish up TESU a month or two earlier than planned which will free my time to accelerate on the MS-CSIA program.  That, or I could just totally delay all of the TESU courses and focus purely on the MS-CSIA acceleration and do TESU afterwards.
John L. Watson
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
(11-20-2019, 07:41 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

It's quite possible, and I hope it is the case.  If so, then I will be able to finish up TESU a month or two earlier than planned which will free my time to accelerate on the MS-CSIA program.  That, or I could just totally delay all of the TESU courses and focus purely on the MS-CSIA acceleration and do TESU afterwards.

The catalog 2019-2020 is somewhat hopeful, no guarantees this is current / for non TESU degrees.
"SOS-110: CRITICAL INFORMATION LITERACY INSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT POLICY
Effective July 1, 2019, all undergraduate (associate and bachelor’s degree-seeking) students will be required to complete SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy at TESU as an online course. Second-degree bachelor’s students are exempt from this requirement. As of the effective date, TESU will no longer accept transfer credits toward completion of this requirement"
[-] The following 1 user Likes lacussucceed's post:
  • mysonx3
(11-20-2019, 07:45 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:

The catalog 2019-2020 is somewhat hopeful, no guarantees this is current / for non TESU degrees.
Effective July 1, 2019, all undergraduate (associate and bachelor’s degree-seeking) students will be required to complete SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy at TESU as an online course. Second-degree bachelor’s students are exempt from this requirement. As of the effective date, TESU will no longer accept transfer credits toward completion of this requirement"
I'll let everyone know how it works out.  It will take about five days or so for WGU to finalize my degree.  Once that is done, I get two free transcript orders, I'll use one to send to TESU.  I reckon it will take 2-3 weeks before TESU evaluates that transcript.

(11-20-2019, 08:11 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:

I'll let everyone know how it works out.  It will take about five days or so for WGU to finalize my degree.  Once that is done, I get two free transcript orders, I'll use one to send to TESU.  I reckon it will take 2-3 weeks before TESU evaluates that transcript.
If the SOS-110 requirement is waived, then I might run into a different issue: to get a second degree from TESU, you need to earn 24 SH after earning the previous degree.  With the number of courses that I need to complete, I might run short.  I may need to plan for the option to take an alternate elective or something to make up for that shortfall.  Luckily enough, there are plenty of options on SDC to do so.
John L. Watson
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges

If the SOS-110 requirement is waived, then I might run into a different issue: to get a second degree from TESU, you need to earn 24 SH after earning the previous degree.  With the number of courses that I need to complete, I might run short.  I may need to plan for the option to take an alternate elective or something to make up for that shortfall.  Luckily enough, there are plenty of options on SDC to do so.

If I'm not mistaken, all of those 24 credits have to be in the Area of Study, so SOS-110 wouldn't have counted anyway
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link

You mentioned this in a previous thread. This is why I suggested you added a second AOS to the BSBA that would bring you up to 24 credits.

As stated, you must earn 24 new credits after the conferral the first degree and they must be in the AOS. All gen eds and free electives are waived. TESU is very strict about this policy. Once they get the transcripts showing your WGU complete you must have 24 new credits after this, which might mean you have to re do courses.

Doing a second AOS would eliminate this problem and you would still only to take one capstone. I suggest a CIS AOS because of your interest and knowledge in computers. That would be easy to do via SDC and I believe the free TEEX count towards this AOS as well.
Yes, all 24cr must be new - so the capstone, plus 7 3cr courses. If you have to retake something, you can as well. So let's say you'd already taken Macroecon and just loved it (haha). Well, you can take it again to "renew" your credits.

And, the cornerstone IS waived for 2nd bachelor's degree students.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • alab21, jamshid666

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,451 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 482 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Just 16% of community college students transfer and earn a bachelor’s degree Ares 6 435 02-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Atlantic Technological University Interesting Bachelor degree offering from Ireland durain 0 251 02-12-2024, 02:58 AM
Last Post: durain
  The First 3-Year Degree Programs Win Approval Ares 10 767 02-07-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,178 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  After getting the degree Harrynguyen 24 2,700 01-13-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: ArielB74
  Hypnotherapy + $30 course or $12,000 degree = Licensed "Medical" Profession nykorn 6 952 01-06-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: CenterSquarEd
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  These Rural Texans Opted Out of a Degree. This Community College Wants Them Back LevelUP 1 375 12-22-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Avidreader