Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brandman...Earn your Master's in only 7 classes.
Brandman University offers a MA in Organizational Leadership. In which, Commissioned Officers, Senior Non-Commissioned/Petty Officers and Warrant Officers who are CWO2 or above can transfer 15 credits towards their MA.

https://www.brandman.edu/military
English Composition II-TECEP

Technical Writing
-TECEP

Principles of Supervision
-DSST

Principles of Management-CLEP

Principles of Public Speaking
-DSST

Human Cultural Geography-DSST

Ethics in America-DSST

Psychology of Women-TECEP
EDIT: Wrong thread
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
I'm going to keep this on mind if I ever advance more and complete my TESU BSBA Gen management.
Will post results.
https://www.brandman.edu/business-profes...leadership
Where do you get the 15 credits to transfer in is what I'm wondering?
tsimmns Wrote:Where do you get the 15 credits to transfer in is what I'm wondering?

I was wondering that too. Is it just the fact that you're in the military at a certain level that they "give" you 15 graduate-level credits? I'm really not understanding where these credits come from if not that?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't know if this is their intention, but some military training is ACE-evaluated at the graduate level. There used to be a couple of Air Force programs evaluated as being worth over 20 graduate credits.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • dewisant
That's correct, but I'm like dfrecore in wondering if being of these ranks automatically means you transfer in 15 ACE approved credits only leaving the 7 classes left that they mention. I don't have my Bachelors yet and am not a Senior NCO yet, but this could be a great program to loook into down the road.
tsimmns Wrote:That's correct, but I'm like dfrecore in wondering if being of these ranks automatically means you transfer in 15 ACE approved credits only leaving the 7 classes left that they mention. I don't have my Bachelors yet and am not a Senior NCO yet, but this could be a great program to loook into down the road.

From what I've seen in other schools, it's not the rank itself, it's the associated schools which are usually a prerequisite for those ranks. In the Army it was schools like BNCOC or ANCOC (now SLC and ALC respectively).

For commissioned, it would probably be something covered in OCS and WOCS for the warrants (though the part about WO2 or higher is kind of weird)
theonlyski Wrote:From what I've seen in other schools, it's not the rank itself, it's the associated schools which are usually a prerequisite for those ranks. In the Army it was schools like BNCOC or ANCOC (now SLC and ALC respectively).

For commissioned, it would probably be something covered in OCS and WOCS for the warrants (though the part about WO2 or higher is kind of weird)

I guess that's what I meant - the rank means that you've had some sort of specialized training that they will take into consideration, and automatically waive 5 courses - something along those lines.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
And, some of these schools are ACE-evaluated.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,874 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How many Classes is it safe to take a year while on active duty? EazyE 14 7,823 06-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Passing NUC495 and other upper level classes without taking 100/200 level classes Randy8876 0 1,567 02-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Randy8876
  Are SPēD certificates worth anything? What about their ACE-approved classes? OfficerA 2 1,563 05-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Leherself
  FEMA Independent Study online classes for military service with GED kbk1061 18 3,251 09-23-2013, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  AF cuts proctored exams for DL classes, and more dcan 4 1,598 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Last Post: rhapsodyinblue
  Can I use the G.I. Bill for a second Master's degree? Shemrat 15 5,654 10-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Shemrat
  TESC December Graduation/Sept Classes mm1988 0 1,173 07-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Last Post: mm1988
  Classes over $250 a credit?!? SRT12 19 4,342 03-23-2011, 02:14 AM
Last Post: MA2
  Promoted to Master Sergeant at last! CLEP101 15 3,857 08-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Last Post: MAAlcantara1