Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bus-421 Capstone Midterm and OPM 415 Midterm
Hi Everyone, 

I am taking these midterms next week and am freaked out. Any suggestions on What I can study. I am finding the logistics class to be a bit harder as the text is a terrible read. These are my last 2 classes and I feel like I am fading... 

Thanks
I wondering too how to study for the midterm.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I don't know if the current BUS-421 midterm the same as the one I took in Dec 2018, but I am assuming it is fundamentally the same. Just keep in mind that my advice may be a bit dated.

The midterm should include 10 multiple-choice questions (worth 2 points each) and 4 essay questions (worth 20 points each).

The multiple-choice questions are worded in a confusing manner, so you'll want to make sure you really understand the question before answering since several of the answers may seem correct. The essay questions will ask you to explain specific concepts or ask you to walk through the analysis of a particular problem. So make sure you understand how to perform all the different types of analysis.

To prepare, I created a self-study guide in Quizlet. These were based on cards created by @posabsolute from an earlier midterm, but updated with my own changes and additions. My cards also include page numbers from the book for reference and expanded detail. Additionally, I created a "concepts and terms" flashcard set based on the "key concepts" that were highlighted in the book. If you use my cards, be sure not to just memorize any of them. You will need to truly understand how these things work since the questions will be about the application of the concepts and processes, not the definition of the terms.

BUS-421 midterm study guide
BUS-421 midterm concepts & terms

FYI, 100% of what was on the exam was covered by my flashcards. I ended up getting 100% on the four essay questions but missed a couple of the multiple-choice questions because I didn't read them closely enough. Note: You cannot go back on the exam to revisit earlier questions (which is usually what I like to do) so I ended up moving more quickly through them than I might have liked.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck!
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 3 users Like Merlin's post:
  • akr680, allvia, Dorothy44
(11-12-2020, 05:26 AM)Merlin Wrote: I don't know if the current BUS-421 midterm the same as the one I took in Dec 2018, but I am assuming it is fundamentally the same. Just keep in mind that my advice may be a bit dated.

The midterm should include 10 multiple-choice questions (worth 2 points each) and 4 essay questions (worth 20 points each).

The multiple-choice questions are worded in a confusing manner, so you'll want to make sure you really understand the question before answering since several of the answers may seem correct. The essay questions will ask you to explain specific concepts or ask you to walk through the analysis of a particular problem. So make sure you understand how to perform all the different types of analysis.

To prepare, I created a self-study guide in Quizlet. These were based on cards created by @posabsolute from an earlier midterm, but updated with my own changes and additions. My cards also include page numbers from the book for reference and expanded detail. Additionally, I created a "concepts and terms" flashcard set based on the "key concepts" that were highlighted in the book. If you use my cards, be sure not to just memorize any of them. You will need to truly understand how these things work since the questions will be about the application of the concepts and processes, not the definition of the terms.

FYI, 100% of what was on the exam was covered by my flashcards. I ended up getting 100% on the four essay questions but missed a couple of the multiple-choice questions because I didn't read them closely enough. Note: You cannot go back on the exam to revisit earlier questions (which is usually what I like to do) so I ended up moving more quickly through them than I might have liked.

Merlin, you are awesome! Thank you so so much.
(11-12-2020, 05:26 AM)Merlin Wrote: I don't know if the current BUS-421 midterm the same as the one I took in Dec 2018, but I am assuming it is fundamentally the same. Just keep in mind that my advice may be a bit dated.

Current BUS-421 Capstone using the book "crafting and executing strategy 21e"  Your quizlets seem to line up with the content, thanks.

I got the book used on Amazon for $15, got lucky I think.

That midterm is a decent part of your grade.  By then you should have a good idea if you can pass the course based on the results of the test.
73% needed to pass.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-12-2020, 06:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Current BUS-421 Capstone using the book "crafting and executing strategy 21e"  Your quizlets seem to line up with the content, thanks.

Yes, that is the same textbook and edition that we used, so it sounds like my flashcards will work perfectly.

(11-12-2020, 06:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I got the book used on Amazon for $15, got lucky I think.

Yeah, that is a great deal. I think I had to pay around $50 for a 3-month rental.

(11-12-2020, 06:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: That midterm is a decent part of your grade.  By then you should have a good idea if you can pass the course based on the results of the test.
73% needed to pass.

Yep, the midterm is critical to a good overall grade. But once you finish the midterm you can relax a bit since everything else will just be research and writing. No more exams. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(11-12-2020, 06:57 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 06:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Current BUS-421 Capstone using the book "crafting and executing strategy 21e"  Your quizlets seem to line up with the content, thanks.

Yes, that is the same textbook and edition that we used, so it sounds like my flashcards will work perfectly.

(11-12-2020, 06:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I got the book used on Amazon for $15, got lucky I think.

Yeah, that is a great deal. I think I had to pay around $50 for a 3-month rental.

(11-12-2020, 06:41 PM)LevelUP Wrote: That midterm is a decent part of your grade.  By then you should have a good idea if you can pass the course based on the results of the test.
73% needed to pass.

Yep, the midterm is critical to a good overall grade. But once you finish the midterm you can relax a bit since everything else will just be research and writing. No more exams. Smile

By anychance, did you take the logistics OPM-415 midterm. That book is so hard to reach. I fall asleep each class!
(11-13-2020, 12:21 AM)Ilianasmile Wrote: By anychance, did you take the logistics OPM-415 midterm. That book is so hard to reach. I fall asleep each class!

Unfortunately, I can't help you there.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,039 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 878 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 661 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 872 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,971 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,656 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne