Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Exam Ranking
(12-03-2018, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Bro, you don't want to go to SNHU, if you can go to their CollegeforAmerica for FREE.  It's only for a few Bachelors, but if your Bachelors is any one of these following, well buddy, it's a no brainer to get it from CFA instead of SNHU, the degree parchment actually should show it's from SNHU if I recall correctly.  I contacted them before, it's a tuition reimbursement program with your workplace. Review their website for details - https://collegeforamerica.org/

Thanks for the quick follow up, but the program I signed up for is not listed on the CFA site.
(12-03-2018, 12:54 PM)Bachinayr Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 12:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Bro, you don't want to go to SNHU, if you can go to their CollegeforAmerica for FREE.  It's only for a few Bachelors, but if your Bachelors is any one of these following, well buddy, it's a no brainer to get it from CFA instead of SNHU, the degree parchment actually should show it's from SNHU if I recall correctly.  I contacted them before, it's a tuition reimbursement program with your workplace. Review their website for details - https://collegeforamerica.org/

Thanks for the quick follow up, but the program I signed up for is not listed on the CFA site.

Just to add some nuance to the whole thing. Has any one taken TESU’s BS Organizational Leadership, or their BS BA in General Management? If so where can I find the actual course numbers to see how many of the classes can be taken via CLEP or DSST? I’m trying to see if it would make sense starting from scratch with no credits and doing one of these two programs, or go with COSC (as soon as they let me know if they will accept my ITT credits, or SNHU. I’m thinking that it might be possible to still finish in a year if I went with one of Aforementioned TESU programs even if I start with zero credits.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Several people on this forum have definitely completed a TESU BSBA GM. Honestly, I wouldn't try to start from scratch at tesu if COSC or excelsior accept 60+ of your credits.

I don't know much about SNHU so can't answer your questions there but if you're going for speed then I'd avoid having to do 30 credits at SNHU with your busy schedule.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-03-2018, 06:58 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Several people on this forum have definitely completed a TESU BSBA GM. Honestly, I wouldn't try to start from scratch at tesu if COSC or excelsior accept 60+ of your credits.

I don't know much about SNHU so can't answer your questions there but if you're going for speed then I'd avoid having to do 30 credits at SNHU with your busy schedule.

This is exactly what I would recommend, if COSC/EC takes those credits from ITT, you're golden, the time to finish at COSC/EC would be much much faster. In fact, the majority of the courses are the same with the exemption of the capstone/cornerstones. I would wait for COSC/EC to get back with you before jumping to TESU at this point.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-03-2018, 07:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 06:58 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Several people on this forum have definitely completed a TESU BSBA GM. Honestly, I wouldn't try to start from scratch at tesu if COSC or excelsior accept 60+ of your credits.

This is exactly what I would recommend, if COSC/EC takes those credits from ITT, you're golden, the time to finish at COSC/EC would be much much faster.  In fact, the majority of the courses are the same with the exemption of the capstone/cornerstones.  I would wait for COSC/EC to get back with you before jumping to TESU at this point.

Thanks. I'll wait to hear back from COSC.
Hi, OP. Sorry, I'm late to the party. I'm currently at SNHU as a Communications major, and used 72 credits from CLEP and DSST exams toward my degree. If you have any SNHU-specific questions, feel free to hit me up.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Pursuing BA in Communications at SNHU (Started July 2017)
☆CLEP☆ A&I Literature 68 | College Composition w Essay 73 | American Government 68 | US History I 72 | Social Science & History 61 | Information Systems 76 | Principles of Marketing 69 | Principles of Management 67 | Psychology 61 | Sociology 61 | Humanities 57 | Educational Psychology 70 | Biology 60 | Natural Science 72 | ☆DSST☆ Environmental Science 457 | Human Cultural Geography 466 | Principles of Supervision 435 | Introduction to Business 457 | Principles of Public Speaking 450/PASS
(12-03-2018, 11:21 PM)greencouch Wrote: Hi, OP. Sorry, I'm late to the party. I'm currently at SNHU as a Communications major, and used 72 credits from CLEP and DSST exams toward my degree.  If you have any SNHU-specific questions, feel free to hit me up.

Hi Greencouch - I sent you a PM a couple days ago.

This is exactly what I would recommend, if COSC/EC takes those credits from ITT, you're golden, the time to finish at COSC/EC would be much much faster.  In fact, the majority of the courses are the same with the exemption of the capstone/cornerstones.  I would wait for COSC/EC to get back with you before jumping to TESU at this point.
Update: I just heard back from COSC...my ITT transcript didn't yield any credits. Sad
I'm waiting on Excelsior to see if I have any luck there. At this point I'm debating if I should even order and send my transcripts to TESU seeing that COSC which I heard was a little more lenient than TESU didn't count any of my previous credits...
(12-07-2018, 10:00 AM)Bachinayr Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 11:21 PM)greencouch Wrote: Hi, OP. Sorry, I'm late to the party. I'm currently at SNHU as a Communications major, and used 72 credits from CLEP and DSST exams toward my degree.  If you have any SNHU-specific questions, feel free to hit me up.

Hi Greencouch - I sent you a PM a couple days ago.

Update: I just heard back from COSC...my ITT transcript didn't yield any credits. Sad
I'm waiting on Excelsior to see if I have any luck there. At this point I'm debating if I should even order and send my transcripts to TESU seeing that COSC which I heard was a little more lenient than TESU didn't count any of my previous credits...

That's really unfortunate, I'm sorry. Yeah if COSC didn't take them then I doubt TESU will.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,194 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 474 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 940 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 660 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,802 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 890 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,263 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,150 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,621 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP