Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Humanities
Has anyone taken CLEP General Humanities? Please help!!
Our first posts have a similar tone... http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/....php4?t=81

Review what chromo and sgloer posted, it will help. I've accepted the fact I'm going to have to review the flashcards repeatedly and it appears to be working.
dvill Wrote:Has anyone taken CLEP General Humanities? Please help!!

[SIZE="4"]I took it less than a week ago, what "help" do you need?[/SIZE]
There is soooo much to know.What should I focus on?
dvill Wrote:There is soooo much to know.What should I focus on?

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Learn the flashcards backwards and forwards and YOU WILL PASS!!

GOOD LUCK!![/COLOR][/SIZE]
I took it last week score and scored a 69. I did not find it too difficult and Instacert certaintly helped; alot. One word of advice and one that has been repeated throughout this forum is to read the Instacert answer's text. Sure you can memorize the answers but in my opinion many answers lie within the explanations and the questions are just a prompt for those explanations.

For example you get a tough question and have practically no idea what the answer is. You look at the choices and see 4 names you have never seen on instacert anywhere and one that you have seen several times. Hmmm.... Chose the name that you were exposed to.... Chances are if you have seen the name in the instacert questions or their explanations then chances are it is the correct answer. Note: this is not a hard and fast rule but it worked for me... Heck, there were some names in their I have never heard of and even a search of Wikipedia found nothing... weird..I guess they were minor players in humanities world...

Also, many questions asked to pick from a group of names and then decide which group were associated with dance, film, existentialism, surrealists, etc..
If you can recognize even one from each answer choice you can go a long way towards eliminating the wrong answer. Obviously if you were asked to pick choreographers out of a group of names an answer choice with Delacroix or Pei would not be the right answer.

Simply put.. study..use instacert... research to augment you knowledge and take practice tests along the way and enjoy the process. In any event, its good small talk for cocktail parties..... Good Luck.
thanks so much for your advice-I will keep it in mind!
I took Humanities today studing InstantCert material and PassYourClass material. Everything covered on the exam was covered in the material. I've seen it said and I can reinterate about studying the reasons for the answers given on the flash cards. The test is 1/2 very easy and 1/2 tough. I had a lot of Williams Shakespeare and poetry with a few paintings. The flash cards are what did it for me. score of 56 and ACE 50

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 314 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,265 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,007 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,622 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,253 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  Humanities Works Alpha 17 2,376 02-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,208 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az