Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clep Wednesday Sucks
I called my local CC wanting to schedule a psych clep for for next week. They only offer psych cleps on wednesdays at 9am.

I have AP II w/Lab on wednesday from 8am-12pm. Every wednesday is Lab and each one counts as 5% of your final grade. I cannot miss that class. Especialy since I already have an A- in it. I cannot let my grade drop below it. So I cannot afford to take it until we go on brake in late JUNE!

This sucks. Now I will start to prepare for a new test. I will wait till JUNE. This sucks. She said most of the test you can take any day you want. However the psych and economics cleps are only on wednesday. The next one I wanted to prepare for was micro. I have principles of econ through brick and mortar. I have macro through independent study. I wanted micro just for the sake of having. Not because I need it.

I am sad. I also scored a perfect on the pearson practice test. My first time taking that one. Only thing I used to prep for that practice was IC, Barrons EZ 101 Psych audio book and I listened to an OCW. I like listening to OCW to prep. I find I overprapred though. But I was so happy about maybing scoring a perfect clep or something.

I am sad.
jake.fl.1987 Wrote:I called my local CC wanting to schedule a psych clep for for next week. They only offer psych cleps on wednesdays at 9am.

I have AP II w/Lab on wednesday from 8am-12pm. Every wednesday is Lab and each one counts as 5% of your final grade. I cannot miss that class. Especialy since I already have an A- in it. I cannot let my grade drop below it. So I cannot afford to take it until we go on brake in late JUNE!

This sucks. Now I will start to prepare for a new test. I will wait till JUNE. This sucks. She said most of the test you can take any day you want. However the psych and economics cleps are only on wednesday. The next one I wanted to prepare for was micro. I have principles of econ through brick and mortar. I have macro through independent study. I wanted micro just for the sake of having. Not because I need it.

I am sad. I also scored a perfect on the pearson practice test. My first time taking that one. Only thing I used to prep for that practice was IC, Barrons EZ 101 Psych audio book and I listened to an OCW. I like listening to OCW to prep. I find I overprapred though. But I was so happy about maybing scoring a perfect clep or something.

I am sad.

That's insane. I can't figure out for the life of me why such a policy exists- you pull up one CLEP you can pull up any. What's wrong with that school?

Find the next closest test center, and take the micro and psych back to back in one day so you don't have to worry about the Wednesday issue.
Are there any other test centers in your area that you could contact?

For my area (San Francisco Bay Area) I found I had to go outside the area (to Sacramento area) to find a test center that would schedule exams earlier than six weeks out! But through persistent calling (to every test center on the CLEP list within 100 miles) I did find a place. I'm not sure if you have other options where you are.

Weird that they only do certain exams on certain days. Are they computerized?
Alix

[SIZE="1"]Excelsior College, B.S. in Liberal Studies (awaiting conferral)
Traditional College: 46 credits
Exams taken: 75 credits
May 2008: A&I Literature-78, General Anthropology-70 (A), Info Sys & Comp. Apps-73, American Government-60, Technical Writing-67 (A), Principles of Supervision-65 (A), Fundamentals of Counseling-68 (A), Drug & Alcohol Abuse-66 (A), Principles of Marketing-73
June 2008: Biology-73, MIS-58 (A)
April 2010: Intro to Business-444, Intro to Computers-466, ALEKS Statistics for Behavioral Science
May 2010: Civil War & Reconstruction-70 (A)
June 2010: Intro to Psych-78, Research Methods-A, Intro to Educ. Psych-72, Foundations of Education- (A)
July 2010: World Population-A
August 2010: Abnormal Psychology-A, Social Psychology-A
August 2010: Psychology of Adulthood & Aging-A
[/SIZE]
There are two withing 40min of me. The one I tried to go to and I went to for previous. They are directly acrossed the street from my current brick and mortar school (rasmussen, never go there) and my job (rasmussen, good employer though) and my other job in a nursing home is less than a mile. So they are convienent. The other alternative is going to gainesville. I might do that. But they charge a $20 administration fee where as I get $0 administration fee at the other college because my boss (the librarian) is the former librarian there and still technichly employeed and she gets them to run it under her discount. I do not know. I just know I like it.

That and traveling to g-ville is inconvent I have work and school in ocala 7 days a week. So it is hard to make it out there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  “Can I Make An Entire College Degree Out Of CLEP Credits?” jmeitrem 9 2,603 02-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is there a time limit when completing your clep test? Clarebugg 12 3,902 12-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: desireelws50
  Organizing my CLEP stuff jmeitrem 7 1,578 06-08-2016, 08:04 AM
Last Post: alzee
  Harvard Extension accepts ACE and CLEP rebel100 7 2,330 06-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Imagine if he had known about CLEP..... rebel100 18 2,331 06-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Missing CLEP tests ryoder 4 974 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  CLEP or DSST? Publius 12 1,575 10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Last Post: LaceyLady
  How do you know about CLEP? sgloer 79 13,254 09-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Last Post: submissiongrappler
  I'm giving a speech today about CLEP Bibby 3 1,134 07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Bibby
  A Clep Hater jmichelle79 37 4,289 05-15-2012, 02:41 AM
Last Post: Prloko