Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cookderosa's new book --- Homeschooling For College Credit
Read it and loved it! Your book brought me to this site. I feel so much more confident about guiding my son through this crazy process. Thanks for your insights.
sdobis Wrote:Read it and loved it! Your book brought me to this site. I feel so much more confident about guiding my son through this crazy process. Thanks for your insights.

Thank you!! Super happy to help.
I just created a Facebook page! Smile If you would "like" it or even "share" it, I'd be so thankful!!!
cookderosa Wrote:I just created a Facebook page! Smile If you would "like" it or even "share" it, I'd be so thankful!!!

Personally don't have FB, but am more then happy to like that post.
So I'd tried to visit and Like

https://www.facebook.com/HomeschoolingforCollegeCredit

months ago, but the page wouldn't load for me. It kept resolving to the Facebook homepage instead.

No longer! It works now. Smile

So even if you tried before but it didn't work for you last time… try it now! And hopefully Like and Share. This is worth it.
Thank you Jonathan! I did notice you stopped by, thank you Smile
(01-28-2013, 12:23 PM)merolpn Wrote: Wow, good job Jennifer.  I haven't read the book but your posts always seem knowledgeable so I have complete confidence in the book.

Just last week I was on a job and learned that one of my coworkers home schools his daughter.  (So picture two electricians in hardhats standing on construction site discussing this) I mentioned to him that there have been times that I have seen many high school aged kids taking CLEP/DSST tests next to me at the test center.  He never heard about the program.  I tried to tell him all that I have learned along the way, but it is overwhelming to someone who never even knew the avenue existed.  

I just sent him the AMAZON link for your book.  It may be easier to grasp in a book than having someone try to explain it in windy conditions, outdoors during a New England winter.

I agree! I wish I had known more about testing out. My kiddo doesn't test well though and the online course format is much more productive for FAC's learning style. Discussions, assignments and such have provided FAC with the ability to earn college degrees and have been more worthwhile than the wasted time in the traditional HS classes where the students are just being spoon fed the answers and not leanring critical thinking skills or independent study skills, etc.
(06-16-2018, 09:19 PM)miah Wrote:
(01-28-2013, 12:23 PM)merolpn Wrote: Wow, good job Jennifer.  I haven't read the book but your posts always seem knowledgeable so I have complete confidence in the book.

Just last week I was on a job and learned that one of my coworkers home schools his daughter.  (So picture two electricians in hardhats standing on construction site discussing this) I mentioned to him that there have been times that I have seen many high school aged kids taking CLEP/DSST tests next to me at the test center.  He never heard about the program.  I tried to tell him all that I have learned along the way, but it is overwhelming to someone who never even knew the avenue existed.  

I just sent him the AMAZON link for your book.  It may be easier to grasp in a book than having someone try to explain it in windy conditions, outdoors during a New England winter.

I agree! I wish I had known more about testing out. My kiddo doesn't test well though and the online course format is much more productive for FAC's learning style. Discussions, assignments and such have provided FAC with the ability to earn college degrees and have been more worthwhile than the wasted time in the traditional HS classes where the students are just being spoon fed the answers and not leanring critical thinking skills or independent study skills, etc.

THIS thread? Wow, a flash down memory lane. It gives me a stomach ache just reading about that initial launch. Ugh. But Miah, thank you for commenting. If you visit Facebook, there are groups called "Homeschooling for College Credit in ___" for every state- a search will help you find yours. That will be most helpful as you try and navigate what resources are available to you in your state. Testing out is only one way to earn college credit in high school - there are many! Depending on where you live, you may even have access to free or reduced tuition at the community college. If you don't use Facebook, I have a blog at http://www.homeschoolingforcollegecredit.com where I share other resources.

In any event, if you get stuck, feel free to message me and I'll help you get rolling.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homeschooling Leebo 201 15,450 01-24-2024, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,285 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 676 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 897 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,452 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 516 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit bjcheung77 5 876 07-16-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,741 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 697 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,079 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az